Just a week after Apple former CEO Steve Jobs death, another important figure of technology and innovation passed away.
Its inventor, Dennis Ritchie, whose death after a long illness was reported on Wednesday and confirmed on Thursday by Bell Labs, similarly embodied a unique yet admirable approach to systems design: a man with a lifelong focus on making software that satisfied the intellect while freeing programmers to create their dreams.
In a statement, Jeong Kim, president of Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, said:
“Dennis was well loved by his colleagues at Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, and will be greatly missed. He was truly an inspiration to all of us, not just for his many accomplishments, but because of who he was as a friend, an inventor, and a humble and gracious man. We would like to express our deepest sympathies to the Ritchie family, and to all who have been touched in some way by Dennis.”
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- Tattoo offers exclusive content for its new home broadband plans - May 23, 2015
- Globe Wins bronze at the 2015 PR Awards for the Awareness Campaign on Consumable Data Plans - May 20, 2015
- Infographic: Online Trends and Tips for Online Stores and Businesses - May 18, 2015
- Microsoft Philippines Partners with TechTalks.phfor Startup Cloud Camp Dumaguete - May 18, 2015
- Globe Customer Experience Initiatives Haul Multiple Stevies, Quills - May 17, 2015