Just a week after Apple former CEO Steve Jobs death, another important figure of technology and innovation passed away.
Its inventor, Dennis Ritchie, whose death after a long illness was reported on Wednesday and confirmed on Thursday by Bell Labs, similarly embodied a unique yet admirable approach to systems design: a man with a lifelong focus on making software that satisfied the intellect while freeing programmers to create their dreams.
In a statement, Jeong Kim, president of Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, said:
“Dennis was well loved by his colleagues at Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, and will be greatly missed. He was truly an inspiration to all of us, not just for his many accomplishments, but because of who he was as a friend, an inventor, and a humble and gracious man. We would like to express our deepest sympathies to the Ritchie family, and to all who have been touched in some way by Dennis.”
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- Globe Widens Rollout of SingleSON Solution Network now ‘future-ready’ with Nationwide Deployment - July 1, 2015
- Globe Telecom unveils Slipstream 2.0-exclusive myLifestyle Plan - June 30, 2015
- Globe Free Facebook is Back offer for GoSURF Data plan With full Photo and Video Browsing Experience - June 30, 2015
- HOOQ lets you Enjoy Summer with movies and TV shows by Globe Telecom - June 30, 2015
- mClinica Makes Strategic Investment in Medix - June 28, 2015