The event, which is expected to see the debut of the next version of Android as well as the first device running the operating system, will now take place on Oct. 19 in Hong Kong.
Initially, Samsung didn’t explicitly say that its event was for Ice Cream Sandwich, though it did signal it would be an Android-focused event and sources indicated it would be for the launch of the next version of Android. The invite to the rescheduled event, however, features Google’s Droid guy in the shape of an ice cream sandwich.
The new version of Android is designed to bring together the phone and tablet versions of the operating system, which were forked in order for Google to hurry out the tablet-oriented Honeycomb. Google has yet to go into great detail on other Ice Cream Sandwich features.
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- Tattoo offers exclusive content for its new home broadband plans - May 23, 2015
- Globe Wins bronze at the 2015 PR Awards for the Awareness Campaign on Consumable Data Plans - May 20, 2015
- Infographic: Online Trends and Tips for Online Stores and Businesses - May 18, 2015
- Microsoft Philippines Partners with TechTalks.phfor Startup Cloud Camp Dumaguete - May 18, 2015
- Globe Customer Experience Initiatives Haul Multiple Stevies, Quills - May 17, 2015