The event, which is expected to see the debut of the next version of Android as well as the first device running the operating system, will now take place on Oct. 19 in Hong Kong.
Initially, Samsung didn’t explicitly say that its event was for Ice Cream Sandwich, though it did signal it would be an Android-focused event and sources indicated it would be for the launch of the next version of Android. The invite to the rescheduled event, however, features Google’s Droid guy in the shape of an ice cream sandwich.
The new version of Android is designed to bring together the phone and tablet versions of the operating system, which were forked in order for Google to hurry out the tablet-oriented Honeycomb. Google has yet to go into great detail on other Ice Cream Sandwich features.
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- Lexmark Cebu Bags Awards in the 9th International ICT Awards 2015 - March 25, 2015
- BPI Globe BanKO’s e-transfer Platform Leads Finalists for GSMA Global Mobile Awards - March 24, 2015
- Globe New myLifestyle Plan 499 exclusive for Cebuanos - March 20, 2015
- Globe Telecom Receives Recognitions in 2015 PR Awards - March 20, 2015
- Globe Telecom Sets Free Facebook Campaigns through Internet.org - March 19, 2015