The event, which is expected to see the debut of the next version of Android as well as the first device running the operating system, will now take place on Oct. 19 in Hong Kong.
Initially, Samsung didn’t explicitly say that its event was for Ice Cream Sandwich, though it did signal it would be an Android-focused event and sources indicated it would be for the launch of the next version of Android. The invite to the rescheduled event, however, features Google’s Droid guy in the shape of an ice cream sandwich.
The new version of Android is designed to bring together the phone and tablet versions of the operating system, which were forked in order for Google to hurry out the tablet-oriented Honeycomb. Google has yet to go into great detail on other Ice Cream Sandwich features.
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- List of Globe Native Mobile Apps | Sparking the Digital Lifestyle Revolution - October 30, 2014
- AirAsia Zest Pisos Fare for Cebu hub and re-connects Cebuanos to Mindanao - October 30, 2014
- AirAsia Zest new Chief Executive Officer CEO is Atty Joy Cañeba - October 29, 2014
- Globe Telecom Grows Data roaming Network for P599/day flat Data Roaming Rate to 75 Countries - October 28, 2014
- ZTE Grand X2 L (V969) for 1,999 Only from 11,990 on October 28 Limited Time Only - October 27, 2014