The event, which is expected to see the debut of the next version of Android as well as the first device running the operating system, will now take place on Oct. 19 in Hong Kong.
Initially, Samsung didn’t explicitly say that its event was for Ice Cream Sandwich, though it did signal it would be an Android-focused event and sources indicated it would be for the launch of the next version of Android. The invite to the rescheduled event, however, features Google’s Droid guy in the shape of an ice cream sandwich.
The new version of Android is designed to bring together the phone and tablet versions of the operating system, which were forked in order for Google to hurry out the tablet-oriented Honeycomb. Google has yet to go into great detail on other Ice Cream Sandwich features.
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- LG Watch Urbane LTE Smart Watch Brings Smartphone Capabilities - February 27, 2015
- Globe Board Approves Cash Dividend for Shareholders - February 27, 2015
- Filipinos First in Asia to Get Access to Extensive Hollywood and Local Content with Globe Telecom and HOOQ - February 24, 2015
- Globe Sparks Revolution in PH Education with New Cloud-based Software with Globals Educube - February 21, 2015
- Globe ends 2014 with record-high results, core net profit up 25% - February 18, 2015