The event, which is expected to see the debut of the next version of Android as well as the first device running the operating system, will now take place on Oct. 19 in Hong Kong.
Initially, Samsung didn’t explicitly say that its event was for Ice Cream Sandwich, though it did signal it would be an Android-focused event and sources indicated it would be for the launch of the next version of Android. The invite to the rescheduled event, however, features Google’s Droid guy in the shape of an ice cream sandwich.
The new version of Android is designed to bring together the phone and tablet versions of the operating system, which were forked in order for Google to hurry out the tablet-oriented Honeycomb. Google has yet to go into great detail on other Ice Cream Sandwich features.
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- Globe Leverages on Cloud to Bring Better Customer Experience for Local Banks - January 31, 2015
- New Beats Studio 2.0 Now with Sound of Sophistication and Elegance - January 29, 2015
- Globe anti-spam Drive Cited as a Crowd-sourcing Campaign likely to become Top Consumer Trend in 2015 - January 28, 2015
- GlobeTel Singapore secures license to offer telco services - January 25, 2015
- Globe drives government transparency, lends support to PS-PhilGEPS Hackathon - January 23, 2015