The event, which is expected to see the debut of the next version of Android as well as the first device running the operating system, will now take place on Oct. 19 in Hong Kong.
Initially, Samsung didn’t explicitly say that its event was for Ice Cream Sandwich, though it did signal it would be an Android-focused event and sources indicated it would be for the launch of the next version of Android. The invite to the rescheduled event, however, features Google’s Droid guy in the shape of an ice cream sandwich.
The new version of Android is designed to bring together the phone and tablet versions of the operating system, which were forked in order for Google to hurry out the tablet-oriented Honeycomb. Google has yet to go into great detail on other Ice Cream Sandwich features.
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- Globe Business bolsters top Carrier Ethernet events - September 30, 2014
- Globe Free Facebook is Back after Smart’s Free Internet Announcement - September 26, 2014
- Free 3G/4G/LTE Internet for Smart Prepaid Subscribers Announced - September 26, 2014
- Globe announces Cebu Media Excellence Awards 2014 nominees - September 24, 2014
- Alcatel-Lucent and Globe Telecom sign LTE confirmation of award to expand mobile ultra-broadband access in the Philippines - September 22, 2014