The event, which is expected to see the debut of the next version of Android as well as the first device running the operating system, will now take place on Oct. 19 in Hong Kong.
Initially, Samsung didn’t explicitly say that its event was for Ice Cream Sandwich, though it did signal it would be an Android-focused event and sources indicated it would be for the launch of the next version of Android. The invite to the rescheduled event, however, features Google’s Droid guy in the shape of an ice cream sandwich.
The new version of Android is designed to bring together the phone and tablet versions of the operating system, which were forked in order for Google to hurry out the tablet-oriented Honeycomb. Google has yet to go into great detail on other Ice Cream Sandwich features.
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- Globe Platinum, Habitat for Humanity hold Noah’s Ark classroom Groundbreaking Ceremony in Aklan - December 22, 2014
- Globe Telecom CEO Ernest Cu shares Valuable Leadership Insights with Aiesec - December 20, 2014
- Globe Telecom Announces Executive Movements - December 18, 2014
- Globe myBusiness Holds First myBusiness Day - December 15, 2014
- Globe myBusiness Upbeat on Franchising Prospects for New mSMEs with AFFI tie-up - December 10, 2014