The event, which is expected to see the debut of the next version of Android as well as the first device running the operating system, will now take place on Oct. 19 in Hong Kong.
Initially, Samsung didn’t explicitly say that its event was for Ice Cream Sandwich, though it did signal it would be an Android-focused event and sources indicated it would be for the launch of the next version of Android. The invite to the rescheduled event, however, features Google’s Droid guy in the shape of an ice cream sandwich.
The new version of Android is designed to bring together the phone and tablet versions of the operating system, which were forked in order for Google to hurry out the tablet-oriented Honeycomb. Google has yet to go into great detail on other Ice Cream Sandwich features.
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- Cebu GrabTaxi offers hassle-free Commuting and Riding Taxi Made Easy - July 4, 2014
- Globe Charge and Globe PowerPay+ for Business - June 29, 2014
- Get drenched with Beats Headsets - June 20, 2014
- iLuv Opens First Concept Store in the Philippines - June 6, 2014
- MSI-ECS wins race with 2 HP Distributor Awards - June 4, 2014