Since the release of the Google+ Plus int the public, you have noticed that there is still something missing in the Google Social Network, and that is the Custom URL or Vanity name which is already available in most popular social media sitest such as facebook.
From Google source person Saurabh Sharma in his post https://plus.google.com/109179785755319022525/posts/aWREtiDhse2 announced that they are introducing or finally implementing the custom URL to better find the product or person much easier and recognize the brand directly in the browser URL.
“Custom URLs will also be available to people and pages worldwide, At first, we’re introducing custom URLs to a limited number of verified profiles and pages. But over time we plan to offer custom URLs to many more brands and individuals”
So I assume the they will be implemented by Google+ account first for big companies to avoid any conflicts, product, or service infringement issues.
Hope they will release this soon as to catch up with the top social network and have a better visibility of the account or product page not just in google+ page but in overall search results.
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- Globe Tattoo introduces New Next-Generation Broadband Solutions at Home or On-The-Go - November 26, 2014
- AirAsia Named Official Airline Partner of Filipino Boxing Champ and Congressman Manny Pacquiao - November 25, 2014
- Globe Telecom Raffles off Gadgets for Project 1 Phone Advocates - November 21, 2014
- Samsung’s Galaxy of Christmas Wishes with Huge Discounts to Smartphones - November 21, 2014
- Globe A journey to Wonderful | Reestablishes Homes, Schools, Livelihood in Typhoon Haiyan Devastated Areas - November 18, 2014