Since the release of the Google+ Plus int the public, you have noticed that there is still something missing in the Google Social Network, and that is the Custom URL or Vanity name which is already available in most popular social media sitest such as facebook.
From Google source person Saurabh Sharma in his post https://plus.google.com/109179785755319022525/posts/aWREtiDhse2 announced that they are introducing or finally implementing the custom URL to better find the product or person much easier and recognize the brand directly in the browser URL.
“Custom URLs will also be available to people and pages worldwide, At first, we’re introducing custom URLs to a limited number of verified profiles and pages. But over time we plan to offer custom URLs to many more brands and individuals”
So I assume the they will be implemented by Google+ account first for big companies to avoid any conflicts, product, or service infringement issues.
Hope they will release this soon as to catch up with the top social network and have a better visibility of the account or product page not just in google+ page but in overall search results.
Latest posts by Jervie David Montejar (see all)
- Are we ready for a 4G Booster Device in the Philippines - March 27, 2015
- Globe Extends Free Facebook until May 15, 2015 offer with bigger Internet.org launch - March 27, 2015
- Dr. Richard Stallman will be in Cebu this Saturday, March 28th, from 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM for FREE - March 27, 2015
- Globe Pushes Innovation Drive Thru Culture of Diversity - March 27, 2015
- Lexmark Cebu Bags Awards in the 9th International ICT Awards 2015 - March 25, 2015