With the exception of the iPhone 7, all the iPhones were quite vulnerable to water. A simple splash, drop or just an overturning of a water-filled glass is all that it needs to wash away all the bucks you put for your iPhone! But this will hardly be a problem for you if you have a waterproof case for your iPhone. In this post, we take a look at the best waterproof cases that you should buy for your iPhone.
Before I start here, I recommend you check out Punkcase, a company which caught my attention, that make waterproof cases among a whole bunch of other cases.
1. Optrix by Body Glove Pro Kit for iPhone 6/6S
- Waterproof to 33FT (10M), IP68 rated
- Drop tested and survived 20ft (6m)
- Crush resistant unibody construction
- 4 aluminum and glass interchangeable lenses (Normal 0˚ Lens, 165 Degree Wide Angle, Macro, Telephoto 2x Zoom)
- Fully mountable,
Optrix also provides a protective touchscreen membrane which allows smooth operation of your iPhone without letting you down on the task of protecting your phone from water. Optrix has got several waterproofing cases that offer quality protection for iPhones. Do check them out!
2. Levin Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S
Completely sealed, blocking out water, dust, sand, mud, snow, ice etc in extreme environment and grants you the freedom to surf, swim, snorkel, ski, drift, run, train and relax without having to worry about your phone.
Clear sound can be heard and captured through the Non-permeable membranes vents. At 47g weight /12 mm thick, it won’t add much bulk to your phone; the rubber covering Headphone jack is detachable for replacement due to daily wear and tear!
Fashionable and durable design makes it much more safer and offers better protection for your phone.
With case on, every port and button functions without hassle and you can control the volume, text message, click pictures and answer calls.
- Perfect cutouts for iPhone 6 (4.7 in), easy and complete access to all key functions like volume, charging, headphone jack, home button (Fingerprint ID), mute, power and etc.
- IP68 standard Waterproof and fully sealed, submersible to over 6.6 ft deep; rugged built polycarbonate frame with exceeded military standard, withstanding shock and drop from 6.6ft high.
- Front cover with built-in screen protector of crystal clarity prevents scratches without compromising sensitivity, it allows you scroll the screen up and down at your will.
- Sound Enhancement System improves audio quality, through which clear sound can be heard and captured. Squealing sound issue on the old version of Levin case for iPhone 6 won’t happen to this version.
- Package includes Levin waterproof case, headphone adapter, user manual, cleaning cloth, lanyard and 12 months warranty.
3. Pelican Marine Waterproof Case for iPhone 6, 6S, 6+, 6S+
The Pelican marine case shields your smartphone from the elements: water, snow, dirt, and dust. Its slim five-layer covering offers a great protection for your iPhone and its screen from scratches, impacts, and drops.
- IP68 waterproof protection for complete and continuous submersion under water. Protection from dirt, snow, and dust. Audio may sound muffled due to the nature of waterproof cases and the need for a water-tight seal.
- Constructed of impact absorbing materials – elastomer inside a rigid polycarbonate shell.
- Tested to military standards (MIL-STD 810G) to survive multiple drops and impact.
- Scratch resistant screen protector with balanced acoustic sound porting that provides superior audio.
- 2-year warranty
- Weight- 6.4 ounces, Dimensions- 6.7 × 3.4 × 0.5 inches.
4. Dog and Bone Wetsuit Impact Case for iPhone 6, 6S
- It features a 9H flexible glass impact protection, and a high performance screen coating for anti-fingerprint, anti-smudge, anti-scratch, while at the same time not affecting touch screen sensitivity.
- A Triple layer of shock protection with its silicon and polycarbonate back combined with a rubber bumper, means it can withstand the water pressure when you jump from land to water.
- It has a premium non-slip rubber bumper for a better feel in the hand, and improved grip both in and out of water.
- It is IP68 rated for maximum protection against water, snow, dirt and dust. It is submersible to a depth of 6.6ft for 1hr.
- Military drop Tested (MIL STD 810G) – The case doesn’t only meet but also exceeds military standards to withstand drops from 6.6 feet!
5. Catalyst iPhone 6 Plus Waterproof Shock Resistant Case
Made to be the classic, everyday waterproof case for the iPhone 6 Plus, this iconic case by Catalyst is ideal for everyday use and always ready for your most outrageous adventure without you having to worry even a spec about your phone.
- ARMED WITH MILITARY GRADE SHOCK RESISTANCE PROTECTION – This Catalyst case is military grade drop tested for 6.6 feet (2 meters). It exceeds MIL-STD 810G for shocks and drops. It is an impact resistant, rugged polycarbonate, with light silicone case.
- MAKE YOU IPHONE WATER AND SNOW PROOF – Take it with you as deep as 16.4 feet (5 meters)! The case is anti-dust, smudge resistant and also sea water compatible.
- FEEL NO INCONVENIENCE AS CATALYST HAS GOT INTEGRATED ULTRA-SENSITIVE SCREEN PROTECTOR – Get complete access to all buttons, sensors, cameras, flash along with Touch ID (non water marking membrane that allows full finger print Biometric scan). The case does not hinder in showcasing the iconic design of the front of your iPhone.
These cases are at the top of the chart when it comes to providing ultimate waterproofing protection for your iPhone. Since an iPhone does cost a good amount, it is better to spend a little extra to provide it a layer of protection while at the same time, not at all compromising on design, usability and other important criterias!
Like our selection? Share it! And do share your thoughts on the list of these waterproof cases for iPhones!
RELATED: Check out this post on the best iPhone 7 Gadgets and Accessories!