The Answer Pad is an awesome teacher tool that has two powerful functionalities: it is both a student response system with a focus on drawing and “show what you know”, and a grading solution for your teacher created quizzes. It is browser based for teachers, and works on any device (BYOD), browser or on free apps for iOS or Android for students. It is an ideal tool for engaging students for any grade/subject area, and turning a classroom paperless.
- Quick Connect – no student registration required or prep time for teachers (login via a code).
- quick checks for understanding by just asking questions and sending a response type make it super simple.
- draw tool can easily be sent out for students to work through a problem etc.
- Feedback – color and text feedback w/ the unlock so that students can retry their answer.
- Broadcast – teachers can send out one of the students responses to the entire class. This is great way for classroom discussion w/ the names hidden.
- Hide names, send out a multi-step problem. Students complete the first step and classroom discusses the anonymous responses. As a group decide which answer is best and broadcast response to entire class.
- Yes or No, students discuss response and incorrect response can be sent to group to correct.
- Send a Web Page – Teacher can send a web page, video, etc to students so they can view w/out having to leave the interactive session.
- Essay question and multiple correct multiple choice question types now available. These work in conduction w/ the built-in scratch pad that allows a teacher to see and give partial credit for work.
- Live Monitor – watch live as students work through an assessment
Below is a demo video…
*The Answer Pad is an advertiser of Technology Tidbits.