Many users have complained about a lot of issues about Bluestacks. Some of the prominent issues among Bluestacks users is the Initialization error, apps not working properly and unable to uninstall Bluestacks completely. Therefore, today in this article, we will help you by showing you how to uninstall Bluestacks completely from your PC. You can find the methods to remove Bluestacks both from Windows PC and Mac OS.
To uninstall Bluestacks Android Emulator from a Windows PC/Laptop:
In order to complete uninstall Bluestacks from your Windows PC/Desktop/Laptop, follow the below-mentioned steps. This guide will be useful for you if you can’t uninstall Bluestacks on Windows OS.
1. Close the Bluestacks App Player: Before you proceed to uninstall Bluestacksfrom your Windows device, you will need to exit the App Player. This is necessary as Bluestacks will not allow you to uninstall if it is being in use.
2. Removing Bluestacks from Control Panel: Head over to the Control Panel and select the option to Add/Remove applications. Search Bluestacks, select it and click to uninstall the app. You can also choose to remove Bluestacks from the notification center by selecting the ‘Hide Icon Option’.
3. Removing Bluestacks service from your Windows device: To remove Bluestacks services, press the Windows Key + R button to open the Run dialog box. Type in ‘msconfig’ in the dialog box and go to the services tab. Select all the files related to Bluestacks and delete them.
4. Removing Bluestacks Data: Sometimes, even after removing Bluestacks, there are few residual files remaining on your PC. You will have to remove these files manually by heading to the following locations.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluestacks or C:\Program Files\Bluestacks
5. Clearing the Bluestacks Registry Data: Finally, you can clear the registry from Bluestacks data by identifying the value related to Bluestacks in the registry settings. Keep this in mind that if you sure about the Bluestacks registry value, then only you should proceed to do this manually. Else, you can install CCleaner software which will help you to clean the Bluestacks data from the registry.
To uninstall Bluestacks Android Emulator from Mac OS:
Most of the Mac OS compatible applications are in the form of bundles which include the files needed to run the application. Therefore, the uninstall process of a Mac is different to the steps usually followed in Windows PC/Laptop. In Mac OS, all you need to do is to drag the unwanted application to Trash to uninstall it.
Follow the below-mentioned steps if you wish to know how to uninstall Bluestacks completely from Mac OS.
1. Terminate Bluestacks process via Activity Monitor: Before proceeding to uninstall Bluestacks from your device, you would need to quit the App Player and end all the active Bluestacks process using the Activity Monitor. You can access the Activity Monitor from the Utilities folder in the Launchpad and select the All Processes option from the drop-down menu. Select all the processes related to Bluestacks and click on Quit Process to shut these process down.
2. Delete Bluestacks application using Trash: Go to the Applications folder in the Finder and search for the Bluestacks App Player by searching for it. Once the search is complete, drag the Bluestacks application to the Trash for the uninstall process to begin. You can also choose to remove Bluestacks by clicking on its icon/folder and pressing ‘Cmd + Del’ to move it to Trash.
If you can’t uninstall Bluestacks due to privileges issue, then log into your Mac with an administrator account.
3. Removing Bluestacks components using Finder: While the uninstallation process of Bluestacks is completed by dragging it to the Trash, most of its lingering files, caches and other logs need to be deleted also. For this, you will have to manually find data related to Bluestacks and delete them. You can find the Bluestacks preference files in the Preferences folder within the library (~/Library/Preferences) and the support files will be present at (~/Library/Application Support). You can also find associated Bluestacks files at the following locations.
- /Library/Application Support/
4. Emptying the Trash folder: To completely remove Bluestacks permanently from your Mac OS device, then you would have to empty the Trash. To do so, right click on Trash in the dock and choose the option ‘Empty Trash’. You can also search for the ‘Empty Trash’ option under the Finder menu to delete Bluestacks permanently from your device. This step is irreversible and you cannot undo this step. Once emptied, all the data related to Bluestacks will be deleted from your device. If you are unable to empty Trash, you would need to reboot your Mac OS device.
The Last Words:
Bluestacks is the top-rated Android Emulator available for Windows and Mac OS platforms. This App Player allows you to run all Android Applications on your desktop or laptop. The above-mentioned steps will help you if you are looking for ways on how to uninstall Bluestacks.