Here’s How You Can Stop Whatsapp From Lowering Your Image Quality
You probably share millions of files through Whatsapp daily. And since you suddenly dropped here, in this post, I guess you are getting disappointed at Whatsapp for lowering your image quality.
Same here. I had a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and I needed to share images among several of my ex team members for new content and posts up at my blog.
However, what would really disappoint me was that, supposedly I am doing some review of some phone or laptop and I sent some pictures to my teammate to upload the final draft along with the pictures I clicked.
And the images that he got on the other side was not as per the quality I wished it would be. Also if you have a DSLR, you probably don’t want Whatsapp to destroy the high quality images that you capture through your costly lenses!
So I got some extremely easy and actionable tricks that you can do to preserve your image quality when you send it via Whatsapp, no matter what your phone’s OS is.
#1. Zip your Image(s)
You can use this to preserve the quality of one or more of your images. All you need to do is:
- Go to your phone’s File Manager App
- Go to Device/SD Card Storage (Wherever the images are stored at)
- Select the images and Zip them.
#2. Attach them As Documents
This step is even simpler than the first step. To send images as documents, you need to first-
- Open Whatsapp and open the chat box with whoever you want to send it to.
- Click on the attachments option
- Choose the attach as document option
- Click on the Browse other docs option.
- A menu will open. Search for the image(s) you want to send and select them.
Whatsapp will upload them as if they are documents and send them without affecting the image quality at all.
#3. Using Cloud Storage
- Just upload the images to any free cloud storage server like Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Now long press the uploaded image.
- A small pop up will appear which will have a “three dot icon” to its absolute right.
- Click on that.
- You will see a “Get Shareable link” option. Click on that to get the shareable link.
- Send the shareable link to the recipient. The recipient will now have access to the image and can download it with ease.
Do you know of any other easy ways to send images in Whatsapp without compromising on quality? If you do, tell us down in the comments below!
Here’s some other posts you should read