The Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI has recently launched a new app called the mAadhaar app for Android smartphones. mAadhaar stands for mobile Aadhaar so from the name itself it is evident that it has been built to help users to easily carry their m-aadhar card in their smartphones. This enables users to have their identity proof including all the demographic information right in their pocket. This information includes name, gender, date of birth, fingerprints and photo linked with Aadhar card right in their mobile phones.
The mAadhaar app is made for Android users and it is already available on Google Play for download. You can get it for free form the Google Play. It will soon be available for the iOS users. In the description part, you can see that it has been mentioned that the mAadhaar app can be used only if the users have their mobile numbers linked to their Aadhaar card.
1. Aadhaar Number Holder profile download – A convenient way to carry Aadhaar number with demographic details anytime, anywhere.
2. Biometric locking/unlocking – To secure bio metric authentication by locking bio metrics data. Once resident enables Bio metric Locking system their bio metric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
3. TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
4. Update of profile – An updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
5. Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder – Share QR code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of manual entry.
Note for Users:
Registered Mobile Number is essential to use mAadhaar app. In case your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar visit the nearest Enrolment Centre/Mobile Update End Point.
1. Application will ask for password as soon as it is opened as the first step. User should enter a password of length minimum 8 and maximum 12 characters.The password should contain atleast 1 number, 1 alphabet, 1 special character ( @,#,&,%,*,!,-,(,) ) and 1 alphabet in capital e.g. Sharma@123
2. Aadhaar profile can be downloaded only on mobile devices having registered mobile number (Registered mobile number is the mobile number linked with your Aadhaar)
3. Please do not navigate from application if it is waiting for SMS. mAadhaar will automatically read the OTP once it is received.
4. There is no provision to manually enter the OTP anywhere in mAadhaar. This is a security feature.
5. mAadhaar needs to connect and download data from UIDAI.So ensure that internet connectivity is available on your phone.
6. One Aadhaar profile can be active on only one device at a time. If you create profile on another device by inserting the sim in another device, the previous profile would become inactive and would be deleted from older device whenever any operation is attempted from that device.
7. If members of your family have the same mobile number registered as you in their Aadhaar, you can add their profile in your device.
8. A user can add maximum 3 profiles in his device, all having same mobile number registered in their Aadhaar.
9. In case of any issue or query, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are getting issues while connecting to server, immediately after you have updated the app, please uninstall and install again. Its an known issue and will be resolved in the next update.
Download Free From Google Play Store
Please follow and like us: