At long last the awaited jailbreak Compatible with all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models with latest iOS 6.0 through 6.1 by evasi0n, their site constantly updates the status of their site allowing us to view the progress of the process by the progress bar indicated in the home page site
With the shutting down of Installous, there are still who wants to jailbreak their Apple iOS devices to further customize the device and get freebies from other cydia apps.
Installers are divided into three OS’s (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)
evasi0n is an untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.0 through 6.1
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
Read me contents
– evasi0n 1.0 is an untethered jailbreak for all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 6.0 through 6.1
– MacOSX 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8
– Windows (XP minimum)
– Linux x86/x86_64 (Kernel >= 2.6.24, libgtk+-2.0 >= 2.24.13)
– iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, and 6.1
– Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
– Those who use backup passwords in iTunes must disable them for now. After doing so, iTunes makes a brand new backup. Please wait for that backup to complete before proceeding! Feel free to re-enable your backup password after jailbreaking.
– Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
– Launch evasi0n, plug in your device, and click “Jailbreak”. Just sit back and observe its progress. Watch for any steps you may be asked to perform.
– Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
– If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.