Solutions for When You Forget Your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus Pattern Lock:
Using Samsung’s website service for smartphones to set up a new password
- Register your phone to Samsung, it can be done here, unless you have already done it
- In the website look for the Find My Mobile service
- You can reset your phone’s password using this, though your phone might have to be connected to the internet for this to happen, this can all be done via the Samsung’s website, just navigate through the domain
- Once you have set up a new password as a bypass, go back to your locked phone and use it as an alternative to the pattern lock
- Your phone should now be unlocked, you should immediately set up a new password which you will be able to remember more easily
- Should this happen again, then you can simply go back to the website to set up a temporary password. You can also use this service from Samsung for other purposes such as locating a missing phone, diagnosis, or checking for updates. If this option is not available, then move on to the next step.
Using Your Computer, Android Device Manager
- Once the two are connected, open Android Device Manager on your computer
- Locate your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus from the UI of the Android Device Manager
- Enable the “Lock and Erase” feature of the software
- There should be a new page which explains how to unlock your phone using the Android Device Manager, simply follow these steps, they may vary depending on the software version though
- This also requires setting a temporary password, so pick one which will be used as a bypass for the pattern lock
- Go back to your locked phone and enter the new password instead of the pattern lock
- Once you’re in, quickly change the password for your phone to something you can remember more easily
- This require you to have already registered your phone with Android Device Manager. It is always worth a try even if you haven’t, assuming you have a computer nearby that you can use for the recovery.
Use Factory Reset
- Power off the locked smartphone by pressing and holding the Power button. Wait until the screen goes off along with all the lights
- With the phone completely turned off, press and hold the Volume Up, Bixby/Home, and Power button all at the same time
- Keep holding all three buttons until you see a Samsung logo, then let them all go
- Wait a few seconds for the Android logo with the words “No command” on the screen
- Tap anywhere and it will take you to the Recovery mode
- Be careful not to initiate or select any unnecessary command. This might complicate the procedure or do something unwanted to your phone
- You can navigate using the Volume Up or Down keys to select the commands
- For now use the Volume Down key until you highlight the “wipe data/factory reset” option
- Press the Power button briefly to activate the command
- Wait for the procedure to finish. It may take a few minutes depending on the amount of data in your phone
- Afterwards, the phone should reboot, just wait for it to complete restarting
- After this you’ll have to set up the phone from scratch. You can select any security method you like
- If you want more insight on the procedure you can find out more about how to factory reset the Galaxy S8 Plus.
3 Rugged Phones You Must Have in 2021
Whether you are working in construction sites, mining fields, or any kind of harsh environment, you certainly need the equipment that can take the toll of it. Starting from your clothes and shoes to your nifty gadgets like your smartphone.
And if your smartphone can’t take the wear and tear that your workplace can bring, you might need a new one. If you’re looking for a new phone, you might want to check out some rugged phones in the market.
They’re the most reliable handsets and will not fail you at the workplace. They can certainly take some beating and are resistant to most outdoor elements which can easily break a regular phone.
On that note, we looked for the best rugged phones that you must have this 2021. So get ready to replace your fragile phones with these bad boys:
1. Ulefone Armor 7
This phone deserves its name. Its build is military grade, it’s shock-resistant and can take a few knocks, and it’s waterproof! But despite its heavy-duty qualities, the Ulefone Armor 7 is light as a feather, weighing at 290g!
Just looking at its ruggedness and workhorse qualities, scoring this model is already a win for you.
But if you think the qualities mentioned above are amazing, wait until you hear this: the Ulefone Armor 7 can be recharged using wireless docks. That’s a first for a rugged phone. If you think, this model fits your style and needs, then include this on your wishlist!
Read on for more amazing specs.
CPU: Helio P90
GPU: IMG PowerVR GM 9446
Screen size: 6.3-inch
Resolution: 1080 x 2340
Dimensions: 81 mm x 165.86 mm x 13.55 mm
Rear camera: 48MP + 16MP + 8MP
Front camera: 16MP
OS: Android 9
Battery: 5500 mAh
2. Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro
Let’s set things straight. Not all rugged phones have to look ripped like the regulars in your gym. And Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro is here to prove it. It’s a true rugged phone but looks like just a regular one.
But make no mistake. Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro may look slim and regular but it’s a powerful beast inside. This rugged phone runs through a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor and is powered by a 4050mAh battery. All your work-related apps will run smoothly on this device but will last longer before the total drain.
CPU: Samsung Exynos 9611 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
GPU: ARM Mali-G72 MP3
Screen size: 6.30-inch
Dimensions: 9.94 x 159.9 x 76.7mm
Camera: 25 MP, 8MP, 13 MP
OS: Android 10
Battery: 4050 mAh
3. Caterpillar Cat S62 Pro
You probably know Caterpillar for their heavy-duty machines. But little did you know, Caterpillar is also into tech. They’ve built a handful of smartphones that are as heavy-duty as their machines. One of their best releases is the Caterpillar Cat S62 Pro.
This model is relatively simple, much like the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro. The usual curves and aggressive-looking casings are already bygones. But this Caterpillar beast holds power in its core.
Just look at these specs and you be the judge:
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
GPU: Adreno 512
Screen size: 5.6-inch
Resolution: 1080 x 2160
Dimensions: 158.5 x 76.7 x 11.9 mm
Rear camera: 12MP
Front camera: 8MP
OS: Android 10
Whether you’re a tradie, a miner, an engineer, a construction worker, a farmer or someone who’s tired of very fragile phones, rugged phones are for you. And look no further. The models mentioned above are probably some of the best ones right now. So if you’re looking to get one, just take note of this list.
Mapping Drives with Group Policy Preferences and Item-Level Targeting
Mapping a drive means that you want permanent access to a shared folder created on another computer. Windows OS will assign a drive letter to the network drive and it can be accessed just like any other local drive connected to your computer.
Mapping network drives with group policy preference is very easy and it does not require any scripting knowledge. Also, We can use item-level targeting to map drives based on specific conditions like group membership, OU, operating system, etc.
In this example, We will use item-level targeting so it only maps the network drive for users who are a member of the specific security group.
For this guide already I have created.
Two users with the name HR User1 and HR User2
One security group name HRUsers. (HR User1 is a member of this security group)
It works perfectly fine for us.
Now, any user we put in the HRUsers security group will get this mapped drive.
Deploy Desktop Background Wallpaper using Group Policy
- ws2k19-dc01.mylab.local (Windows Server 2019 DC)
- ws10-cli01.mylab.local (Windows 10 client computer)
(Note: We will apply common desktop background policy at domain level)
Dead Space, Remake of theSci-Fi Survival Horror Classic, Now Available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC
This Iconic Narrative Sci-Fi Adventure Immerses Players in the Haunting Corridors of the USG Ishimura with Improved Gameplay, Enhanced Audio...
Face One Last Challenge In Stranger Of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin “different Future” Expansion, Available Now #StrangerOfParadise #FinalFantasy
Today, players can embark on a brand-new adventure in SQUARE ENIX®’s action RPG STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN™ with...
ASUS celebrates 2.2 no.1 OLED Festival with up to 10% OFF on #Vivobook and #Zenbook Devices #Zenbook14FlipOLED #VivobookS14FlipOLED #VivobookS14XOLED
From January 28 to February 5, ASUS fans can win a Vivobook 13 Slate OLED by purchasing any ASUS OLED...
Globe Deactivates, Blacklists More than 50,000 SIMs Linked to Fraud in 2022
Leading digital solutions platform Globe deactivated and blacklisted more than 50,000 SIMs last year as it continued to intensify consumer...
#GCash Beefs up User Protection with Certification from Int’l Data Security Standards Firm
The leading mobile wallet is now Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard certified GCash, the country’s leading mobile wallet, recently...
F(DEV)’s Crowdfunding Venture Investree Philippines Maintains Optimistic Outlook, Eyes to Provide Accessible Financing Amid Predicted Global Recession
Investree Philippines, the first crowdfunding intermediary and funding platform in the country, maintains a positive outlook on financing this year...
Attract More Luck this Year of the Water Rabbit with vivo V25 Series #vivoV25Series
After wearing polka-dotted clothes, filling up the dinner table with round-shaped fruits, and creating loud noises when the clock struck...
Transformation for our Screens, Cities, and Reality: What to Expect from Tech in 2023 and Beyond #Lenovo
Michael Ngan, Country General Manager of Lenovo Philippines, shares his insight into what technologies will become mainstream in 2023 and...
VIVO2 weeks ago
Celebrate 2023 with vivo Smartphones and Get Exclusive Freebies at vivo Concept Stores or Kiosks! #VivoY22s #vivoY35 #vivoV25e #vivoV25 #vivoV25Pro
Globe2 weeks ago
Globe’s 5G network expands to 237 sites in VisMin, Connects more Consumers and Businesses #Globe5G #VisMin
ASUS3 weeks ago
8 Reasons Why Choose the ASUS Vivobook S 14 OLED as your Next Laptop
Globe4 weeks ago
Globe’s Non-Telco Revenues Jump 101% #GlobeTelecom
Vertiv2 weeks ago
Vertiv’s Liebert® itON-SOHO UPS: The Best Tech Gift to Buy for Yourself #Vertiv
Honor3 weeks ago
HONOR X9a 5G Ultra Tough Premium OLED Curved Screen to Launch on January 19
VIVO2 weeks ago
#vivo dominates the Top 10 Best Performing Flagship Phones by Antutu for December 2022 #vivoX90Pro #iQOO11Pro
VIVO4 weeks ago
New year, New phone! Score the Y15A at its Lowest Price ever! #Y15A #vivo