Audiobook vs. Kindle vs. Book! Which one should I read?
Digital books or Traditional books which preferable to this generation?
Print or digital, Readers will always find a way to satiate the thirst of their digestion. Paper books came across a long way as a reader’s popular choice.
The reader, with the evolution of a hobby like reading a book, also came to know the era of the digital book like Audiobook and Kindle book.
Paper books are more about nostalgia regarding smelling and touching the pages while audiobook is rather entertaining and Kindle book is much more convenient to satisfy a number of book collections in a device.
In terms of portability, time and price preferences among physical books, audiobooks and Kindle books may vary for today’s bookworms. Here are the few pros and cons for the individual form of the books:
Pros of reading Physical Books:
• Reading in a paper-ink gives personal feeling to hold and touch the book.
•It initiates the reader’s senses via symbols and pictures on the pages. Resting upon this, one’s imagination will draw pictures anticipating the curiosity.
•Deeper meaning will unfold as the pages will come to an end through the depicted scene or the voice.
•Book reading increases better vocabulary to the readers.
•Readers can always go for a library or bookstore for their favorite physical copy.
Cons of reading Physical Books:
•Physical books can be comparatively costly than digital books like audiobook and Kindle book. As one needs to pay for each physical book every time they are to purchase one from the book store.
•Paper book is not as much lightweight in comparison to digital books.
•It’s not easy to travel with a large collection of physical books at a time. In such a case, one needs to make a minimum choice of paper book for carrying the book for traveling.
•Preferable paper books may not be available all the time in the store.
•Many modern publishers and writers now prefer audiobook and Kindle book for reaching more audiences via digital platforms.
Reading books in any form of reaching out to a reader towards the same goal. Then how it makes a difference in the form of the audiobook, let’s find out.
Pros of Audiobook reading:
•Learn audible work is offering entertainment as close as TV. The audiobook is basically listening to an audio tape.
•What if a reader prefers not to read the book using eyes? One may not be in the situation of holding a book and read it out; like gardening, cooking, driving, after a surgery. An audio book is there to read it out to the readers.
• Audiobooks are also helping to reduce stress and gain memory improvement. As the elders say, appropriate listening helps to memorize the content faster.
• The audiobook is the exact version of word to word of a physical book, so there are no chances to miss out anything from the real book so far.
• Audiobooks are now available in a digital music store like public music domain and personalized applications. Downloading an audiobook is much of downloading other audio files in the device.
Cons of Audiobook reading:
• Audiobooks are high in cost than a printed book.
• While readers purchasing an audiobook, he/she is also paying for the narrator, sound engineer and editor.
• Audiobook version is much more expensive than the E-book edition.
• Audiobook takes the same amount of attention as the paper book reading to follow the exact detail of the story via the narrator’s dialect. Get started with Audible, learn how does audible work and it has a wide range database of titles. Also get started with 50 best audiobooks for 2019
Kindle book is another reader’s popular choice in this era. Online retailer Amazon introduced this electronic device in 2007. Over time the Kindle is upgraded with many readers’ friendly features which make it another unique choice of reading for the users.
Pros of using Kindle book reading:
• Kindle book is much easier to carry as it is wireless. The reader may access the book collections without connecting it with the computer.
• Amazon offers the largest collection of digital books in Amazon online store for Kindle book readers. Kindle book initiates the demand of E-Book in the market for such collections.
• The reader can subscribe to an electronic newspaper version or buy a book on Amazon and download it into the Kindle device later.
• Kindle devices are also offering PDF, DOC, and TXT files in the personal Kindle mail address.
• Kindle book reading has some amazing features which will give you an upgraded experience over a physical book reading. Highlighting and bookmarking system are now available in improved versions.
• While reading a book with high or poor lighting condition, the Kindle device will adjust the lighting condition for the eye care of the reader.
Cons of using Kindle book reading:
• Kindle device is sometimes very flimsy. It becomes inactive without prior notice.
• Built-in Wi-Fi system may fail to catch the signal around by the device sometime.
• Kindle has limited space for the number of books. There is no SD card slot for storing more books or try a book of reader’s choice if needed.
• Book researching option is not an easy one on a Kindle device.
• A selected passage is hard to find through the search function where one can memorize the exact page or section in case of printed books.
• Huge collections of books are also creating confusion to lose track of preferable choice books in Kindle device.
• Printed books, audio books or Kindle books reader will always find a way to reach out its digestion.
I do believe in the magic of dead leaves printing but referring to the aforementioned pros and cons of the paper book, audiobook, and Kindle book, I can conclude that the Kindle book is a much better device in terms of convenience and also as far as engaging the reader is concerned. With the audience for this particular kind of book reading
available for the new generation, it can be declared as a clear winner in comparison to the other two means.
Top Tips to Improve Home Security
Home security, especially when you live in a highly populated area with crime, is very important for the well being of you and your family. Installing extensive security systems and alarms don’t have to be as daunting, time-consuming, and expensive as they seem. Simple things like cameras and fences can make huge differences when it comes to your welfare.
Install Security Cameras
One of the most common items people install on their houses are security cameras. However, many of these can be unreliable from their use of the Internet. Security cameras that use cell services are the much better bet, as you can use them in places that don’t have access to Wi-Fi, like barns or cabins located far away. These cell service cameras are just as convenient as ones that require Internet. Cellular service can still provide you with a live feed on your smartphone through an app and footage downloaded directly to your devices.
Use Outdoor Lights
Keep Garage Doors Closed
Though this tip may seem basic, a lot of people forget to close garage doors! Leaving this door open gives attackers a direct point of entry into your house. Make sure you always close the garage after pulling in, and double check that it’s closed before you go to sleep. It is much better to be safe than sorry from a simple mistake.
Close Curtains AND Blinds
Opening your blinds and curtains makes it easy for people to look into your house and see something you would rather not share with the world. This can give potential invaders the opportunity to scope out your house and possibly plot sneakier ways to break in. Keeping drapes and blinds shut over your windows not only gives you privacy, but safety as well.
Install Cameras On Your Door
Keep Extra Keys Secure
Under potted plants and doormats are very obvious and insecure places to keep a spare key. Intruders can usually find these keys and break in with ease, especially when you aren’t at home. It is a much better choice to keep your spare keys with family members, in a safe place in your home, or with a neighbor you can trust.
Hide Your Valuables
It’s a common mistake to leave large amounts of money or other valuable items in plain sight or in drawers. Instead of these obvious locations, store your cash in places an intruder wouldn’t expect, like a cereal box or another inconspicuous location. When in doubt, keep it in a locked cabinet that only you have the key for.
Home protection isn’t always straightforward, and it’s best to do your research when protecting your home and family. Cameras and lights are great to secure your valuables, but make sure to take care of the little things like extra keys or curtains.
How Has Virtual Reality Revolutionized The Travel Industry
The concept of Virtual Reality is really cool. It is, as the name suggests, a computer-generated simulation wherein you can experience a three-dimensional environment that is near identical to the real world. Virtual Reality (VR) has rapidly become one of the most important aspects of consumer products these days. The travel industry too is not lagging, when it comes to VR technology, making the experience for travelers a lot more fun-filled. The main driving force behind this is that explorers are more interested in the experience rather than the products. And VR truly provides some incredibly rich experience.
How can VR benefit the traveler in you?
Now think about this. You are travelling to a foreign country. You decide to pre-book your hotel rooms to avoid the hassle. When you log in to their website, you would see the 3D images of the room, videos and read reviews before booking it finally. Now VR would give you the option to have a look around the room on their website, even when you are sitting miles away. Also before going to a new place you can get some reliable travel information on https://www.touristsecrets.com/. Then to choose your destination, you can get a close look at the nearby attractions using VR. This is basically a ‘try before you buy’ concept wherein you as a customer would be more satisfied and confident about your purchase. To help you with.
Some cool uses of VR in the travel industry
There are many ways by which VR can help the travel industry to grow. Some of the examples would include:
- Virtual Hotel Tours – As mentioned earlier, Virtual tours of hotels have become really famous. People would be able to have a clear idea of the hotels they would be staying in before booking them. The VR technology is being updated in many hotel websites and distributor’s websites from where people generally book hotels. To get the VR experience, you would need to have a VR headset. The use of the technology on the website is quite basic with a 360-degree image that is compatible on social media platforms.
- Travel booking – Some of the travel companies have decided to take the VR technology a step further as they have made the entire booking process in VR which can be availed through the VR headsets. Thus you being a customer would not have used your mouse and click everywhere to make and confirm your bookings. The whole process has become quite seamless now.
- Visit places – You would also be able to experience some of the best tourist attractions and spots beforehand using VR headsets before physically going to the place. This is expected to attract more customers as people would be able to get a small trailer of the place before actually going there which would increase their curiosity.
With Virtual Reality, travel marketers have also gained a lot of benefits, since people are essentially curious to experience the thrill of travelling before they actually reach the place.
7 AI Trends To Watch Out In 2019
Artificial intelligence is gaining more utility in each industry out there. This can be easily attributed to its amazing efficiency and the convenience available to the working of various systems and mechanisms.
Here are 7 of the most interesting AI trends to look for in 2019.
1. Open Source Frameworks
The obstacles to entering AI is lower than any time in recent memory, on account of open-source software. Google began the pattern when it publicly released its TensorFlow AI library in 2015. Subsequently, real tech players took action accordingly. Various open-source instruments are accessible for developers to browse, including Keras, Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit, and Apache MXNet.
2. Edge AI
The requirement for instant decision making is driving AI closer to “the edge.” This enables gadgets to process data locally and react quicker. Apple, NVIDIA, and various rising new businesses are centered around creating chips solely for AI tasks available at the edge. The AI patterns one has to anticipate will be the development of edge AI over applications worldwide.
3. Facial Recognition
From opening telephones to loading up flights, facial recognition is being accepted as a standard. Early business applications are upscaling in security, retail, and shopper gadgets. As a result, facial recognition is rapidly turning into a prevailing type of biometric validation.
Very soon we can also expect facial recognition enabled in smartwatches available on https://www.watchshopping.com/.
4. Medicinal Imaging And Diagnostics
The FDA is acknowledging AI as a medicinal gadget. Quick track administrative endorsement for AI programming items has opened up new advertisement pathways for AI imaging and diagnostics organizations. As for the customers, smartphone access and high-tech image recognition are transforming phones into amazing homely devices. Talking about the most effective AI patterns, its acceptance, and approval for medical and diagnostic applications would be among the top mentions.
5. Predictive Maintenance
Ranging from producers to hardware safety net providers, AI-IIoT can spare officeholders a huge amount in dollars in unforeseen disappointments. Speculatory support algorithms utilize consistent information to anticipate gear failures before they happen. On account of dropping sensor costs, AI growth, and a trend of edge computing, Predictive support has turned out to be all the more broadly accessible.
6. E-Commerce Search
Contextual comprehension of search phrases is moving out of the “trial stage,” however wide acceptance remains far off. Regardless of innovative difficulties, the beginning period SaaS startups are rising, selling search technologies to outsider retailers. One of the major AI patterns of 2019 will be greater interest in the segment, including significant retailers.
7. Clinical Trials
Perhaps the greatest bottlenecks in clinical experiments are selecting the correct pool of patients. Meanwhile, AI could extricate data from medicinal records, consider all progressing researches, and propose applicable investigations to specialists and patients. Tech giants like Apple are among those making progress in this field. Since 2015, Apple has propelled two open-source systems to enable clinical trials to enlist patients and screen their wellbeing remotely.
GCash Europe Alipay+ partnership
GCash users can now opt for a hassle-free, cashless payment method on their next Euro trip as the Philippines’ leading...
Beep LRT 1 Commuting Experience
AF Payments, Inc., the operator of the beep card, is pleased to announce the successful launch of Maya’s and Light...
HONOR Magic5 Pro Release PH
It’s official – the much-awaited HONOR Magic5 Pro will officially be launched on June 8, 2023! Catch it live on...
ASUS Computex 2023 Products
New offerings will be on display and available for exclusive hands-on experiences at the ASUS and ROG booths ASUS announced...
GCash RAFI GForest Cebu
Committed to support sustainable development and address climate change, the Philippines’ leading mobile wallet GCash, together with the Ramon Aboitiz...
POCO Smartphone 6.6 Sale
Don’t miss out on the best POCO smartphone deal of the season from June 6 to 8, 2023 POCO, known...
Hill Climb Racing For Windows 7/8/XP & MAC Free Download
Hill Climb Racing for Windows: Hill climb Racing is an amazing game with good graphics. Have you played any one...
How To Get Free Unlimited Lives & Boosters On Candy Crush Saga
Get Free Unlimited Lives & Boosters In Candy Crush Saga: We all know Candy Crush Saga is one of the...
GCash4 weeks ago
#GCash Pushes for More Innovations to Boost Financial Inclusion in 2nd Part of Public Sector Workshop Series
Vertiv4 weeks ago
Keeping Your Data Centers Cool from Extreme Heatwave in the Philippines #Vertiv
Globe3 weeks ago
#Globe Group partners with #Aklan LGU to Encourage Responsible tourism in #LoveBoracay2023
Fortinet4 weeks ago
HGC Philippines Achieves #Fortinet Secure SD-WAN and SD-Branch Partner Specializations
Honor4 weeks ago
Exciting deals are coming your way this #HONOR Payday Sale!
GCash4 weeks ago
#GCash #USAID, and Silliman University to plant 500,000 mangrove trees in South Negros
GCash4 weeks ago
GCash Official Statement Hack Accounts
OPPO4 weeks ago
OPPO 2023 Inspiration Challenge