It becomes really difficult to recover deleted Instagram messages once they are gone. Unfortunately, this happens with a lot of Instagram users. Most of the users delete their messages and regret it later if there was something important.
Instagram is one of the largest social networking sites where millions of users send and receive direct messages(DMs). The direct is an Instagram feature that allows you to share text and voice messages, images and videos, GIFs, and stickers. When a user clears their chat history, all the data along with the images and videos are erased.
But the problem is the deleted data is hard to retrieve. If you are looking for a way to retrieve deleted Insta messages, then this article will help you out. Read the full article to know all the methods.
How To Recover Instagram Deleted Messages
If you accidentally deleted the chat history, then all your data will be gone. Sometimes, there can be something important like documents or Scan codes. You can affect because of such situations. But you don’t have to worry, we will show you a solution to this problem.
There are some effective ways you can use to recover lost messages on Instagram. We will tell you 5 useful methods here which can get you your lost data with a little effort.
It is possible to retrieve your shared data on Instagram by spending some time and energy. Here are methods to retrieve your lost Insta messages.
1. Request The Sender
The easiest method you can use to get the messages back is to ask the sender to resend it. This can save you a lot of time and get the work done. If it is your friend or family member then it will be easier to get the data. If it is someone else, then explain your issue to them and try to convince them to resend the images or just send a screenshot of your chat.
However, there can be cases when you can’t ask the other party to send the messages. If this can’t work for you, then you can go for the next one.
2. Via Instagram Server
There is another method you can use to retrieve your data directly from the server. Instagram has a special feature that allows you to get all your Insta shared history from the browser. This process can be time-consuming but positive results are assured. Follow these steps to retrieve your lost data.
- Launch your default browser and go to the official website of Instagram.
- Tap on your Profile at the top-right corner of the page and select the Settings option.
- Now, go for the Privacy and Security option and click on Request Download.
- You need to confirm if it is you or someone else barging into your account.
- Click on Log in Again and enter your email id.
- You will get a link on your email which contains all your Instagram data and now click on ‘Next’.
- Now, enter your password again and tap on Request Download.
- Go back to your Gmail and you’ll see a mail from the Instagram server.
- Open the mail and tap on Download Data. All your data will be saved in the form of ZIP files.
- You can convert these files with the help of an editor app.
3. Via Facebook Account
Since Instagram is owned by Facebook, you can also take help from your Facebook account. You need to link your Instagram account with your Facebook account first to start the procedure. Follow the below steps given here.
- Open the browser and go to the official page of Facebook.
- Sign in to your Facebook account by entering id and password. Make sure that your account is linked to your Insta account.
- Navigate to your Inbox on Facebook and click on Instagram Direct.
- All your Insta DMs will be displayed on your screen. You can find the lost messages here.
- Netflix Student Discount
- Cancel CBS All Access Subscription
- Unblocked Music Sites
- Turn off Tumblr Safe Mode Now
4. Via Third Party Apps
If you don’t want to go through the lengthy procedures mentioned above, you can directly install the apps which help in restoring the lost data. There are many such apps available on the web. These apps retrieve your lost texts with the help of Cache Files of your device.
All you need to do is install the app and follow the on-screen instructions. You can easily get back your deleted history. Here is a list of third-party tools that can recover your Insta DMs quickly.
- FoneLab: FoneLab is a good message recovery tool for several apps which includes Instagram too. Even though this app is supported on Mac and Windows PCs, it also works efficiently on Android mobiles. One can easily retrieve all the DMs which includes images, voice recordings, text messages, etc with the help of this app.
- U.Fone: This app is supported for recovering data from the iPhone and iPad. You can also use this software for Windows and Mac PCs. Other than Instagram, this app works for many other apps.
- Wondershare Dr. Fone For Android: This is another amazing recovery software for Android mobiles of version 9 or higher, Windows and Mac computers. This software can also restore data for other apps.
- iMyFone D-Back: This app works for iOS mobiles, Windows, and Mac computers. You can easily retrieve data from apps besides Instagram.
NOTE: There are some apps that claim to be direct Instagram Recovery Tool. These kinds of apps are only fake and waste your time and energy. They will ask you to perform the instructions and leave you in the end without giving back any data. They will take your details and might hack your account. So, beware of such tools.
These are some effective methods we have tested and found useful for recovering Insta history. You can easily get back your deleted messages with these methods. We hope this article was helpful to you. If you liked this article, please share it with your friends. For more information, you can visit our website TechRulz. Also, drop your thoughts in the comments section if you have something to share with us.