Today, Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger outlined the company’s path forward to manufacture, design and deliver leadership products and create long-term value for stakeholders. During the company’s global “Intel Unleashed: Engineering the Future” webcast, Gelsinger shared his vision for “IDM
2.0,” a major evolution of Intel’s integrated device manufacturing (IDM) model. Gelsinger announced significant manufacturing expansion plans, starting with an estimated $20 billion investment to build two new factories (or “fabs”) in Arizona. He also announced Intel’s plans to become a major provider of foundry capacity in the U.S. and Europe to serve customers globally.
“We are setting a course for a new era of innovation and product leadership at Intel,” said Gelsinger. “Intel is the only company with the depth and breadth of software, silicon and platforms, packaging, and process with at-scale manufacturing customers can depend on for their next-generation innovations. IDM 2.0 is an elegant strategy that only Intel can deliver – and it’s a winning formula. We will use it to design the best products and manufacture them in the best way possible for every category we compete in.”
IDM 2.0 represents the combination of three components that will enable the company to drive sustained technology and product leadership:
1. Intel’s global, internal factory network for at-scale manufacturing is a key competitive advantage that enables product optimization, improved economics and supply resilience. Today, Gelsinger re- affirmed the company’s expectation to continue manufacturing the majority of its products internally. The company’s 7nm development is progressing well, driven by increased use of extreme ultraviolet lithography (EUV) in a rearchitected, simplified process flow. Intel expects to tape in the compute tile for its first 7nm client CPU (code-named “Meteor Lake”) in the second quarter of this year. In addition to process innovation, Intel’s leadership in packaging technology is an important differentiator that enables the combination of multiple IPs or “tiles” to deliver uniquely tailored products that meet diverse customer requirements in a world of pervasive computing.
2. Expanded use of third-party foundry capacity. Intel expects to build on its existing relationships with third-party foundries, which today manufacture a range of Intel technology – from communications and connectivity to graphics and chipsets. Gelsinger said he expects Intel’s engagement with third- party foundries to grow and to include manufacturing for a range of modular tiles on advanced process technologies, including products at the core of Intel’s computing offerings for both client and data center segments beginning in 2023. This will provide the increased flexibility and scale needed to optimize Intel’s roadmaps for cost, performance, schedule and supply, giving the company a unique competitive advantage.
3. Building a world-class foundry business, Intel Foundry Services. Intel announced plans to become a major provider of U.S.– and Europe-based foundry capacity to serve the incredible global demand for semiconductor manufacturing. To deliver this vision, Intel is establishing a new standalone business unit, Intel Foundry Services (IFS), led by semiconductor industry veteran Dr. Randhir Thakur, who will report directly to Gelsinger. IFS will be differentiated from other foundry offerings with a combination of leading-edge process technology and packaging, committed capacity in the U.S. and Europe, and a world-class IP portfolio for customers, including x86 cores as well as ARM and RISC-V ecosystem IPs. Gelsinger noted that Intel’s foundry plans have already received strong enthusiasm and statements of support from across the industry.
To accelerate Intel’s IDM 2.0 strategy, Gelsinger announced a significant expansion of Intel’s manufacturing capacity, beginning with plans for two new fabs in Arizona, located at the company’s Ocotillo campus. These fabs will support the increasing requirements of Intel’s current products and customers, as well as provide committed capacity for foundry customers.
This build-out represents an investment of approximately $20 billion, which is expected to create over 3,000 permanent high-tech, high-wage jobs; over 3,000 construction jobs; and approximately 15,000 local long- term jobs. Today, Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey and U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo participated with Intel executives in the announcement. Gelsinger commented: “We are excited to be partnering with the state of Arizona and the Biden administration on incentives that spur this type of domestic investment.” Intel expects to accelerate capital investments beyond Arizona, and Gelsinger said he plans to announce the next phase of capacity expansions in the U.S., Europe and other global locations within the year.
Intel plans to engage the technology ecosystem and industry partners to deliver on its IDM 2.0 vision. To that end, Intel and IBM today announced plans for an important research collaboration focused on creating next– generation logic and packaging technologies. For more than 50 years, the two companies have shared a deep commitment to scientific research, world-class engineering and a focus on bringing advanced semiconductor technologies to market. These foundational technologies will help unleash the potential of data and advanced computation to create immense economic value.
Leveraging each company’s capabilities and talent in Hillsboro, Oregon, and Albany, New York, this collaboration aims to accelerate semiconductor manufacturing innovation across the ecosystem, enhance the competitiveness of the U.S. semiconductor industry and support key U.S. government initiatives.
Finally, Intel is bringing back the spirit of its popular Intel Developer Forum event this year with the launch of Intel On, a new industry event series. Gelsinger encouraged technology lovers to join him at this year’s Intel Innovation event planned for October in San Francisco.
Intel Launches New 11th Gen Core for Mobile
Intel delivers industry-leading mobile performance with 11th Gen Intel Core mobile H-series and Intel Xeon W-11000 series.
Intel delivers industry-leading mobile performance with 11th Gen Intel Core mobile H-series and Intel Xeon W-11000 series.
What’s New: The new 11th Generation Intel Core H-series mobile processors (code-named “Tiger Lake-H”) launched worldwide today, led by the flagship Intel Core i9-11980HK — the “World’s Best Gaming Laptop Processor.”1 The Intel Core i9-11980HK delivers the highest-performance2 in laptops for gaming, content creators and business professionals reaching speeds of up to 5.0 gigahertz (GHz).
“11th Gen Intel Core H-series processors take mobile gaming, content creation and commercial workstation systems to new heights. These new H-series processors are an exciting extension of our 11th Gen mobile family with double-digit single core and multi-core performance improvements, leading gameplay, direct attached storage and 20 PCIe 4.0 lanes for true enthusiast-level platform bandwidth. 11th Gen H-series is the industry’s most performant mobile processor that empowers users to game, create and connect with leadership performance at any enthusiast form factor.”
— Chris Walker, Intel corporate vice president and general manager of the Mobile Client Platforms Group.
About Desktop-Caliber Gaming Performance on Mobile: With new 11th Gen Intel Core H-series processors, Intel leverages deep expertise in advanced processor design and PC gaming to bring the world’s best gaming laptop processors1 to gamers around the globe.
Extending the performance momentum established by the 11th Gen Intel Core H35 series, the 11th Gen Intel H-series processors, based on 10 nanometer SuperFin process technology, feature up to 8 cores and 16 threads, with single and dual-core turbo performance up to 5.0GHz. Additionally, the central processing unit (CPU) can directly access high-speed GDDR6 memory attached to the graphics card, enabling gamers to experience higher framerates with lower latency, and load large textures faster. The mobile processor offers 2.5 times the total PCIe bandwidth to the CPU compared with the 10th Gen H-series processors, and three times the total PCIe bandwidth compared with other industry processors.
About This Bleeding-Edge Platform: 11th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors empower creators and business professionals to execute tasks faster, from anywhere, thanks to best-in-class components and connectivity 3. With 20 lanes of PCIe Gen 4 — a first for any laptop — the processor offers 4k HDR/Dolby Vision video streaming, rich configurations with fast storage, hybrid Intel Optane for high performance and capacity, 6GHz Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) support, and Thunderbolt 4 with up to 40 gigabytes (GBs) per second for faster connections.
New platform features also include:
- 20 PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes with Intel Rapid Storage Technology bootable in Raid 0 — and up to 44 total PCIe lanes that include 24 PCIe Gen 3.0 lanes from a dedicated platform controller hub.
- Memory support up to DDR4-3200.
- Thunderbolt 4 with transfer speeds up to 40Gbps.
- Discrete Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+).
- Dual Embedded Display Port integrated for power optimized companion display.
Today’s launch also introduces new Intel vPro H-series processors — led by the eight-core and 16-thread Intel Core i9-11950H — and Intel Xeon W-11000 series mobile processors. Built on the 11th Gen Intel vPro platform, the unrivaled business-class PC platform delivers comprehensive hardware-based security4 and breakthrough performance, as well as powerful computing experiences for professional users such as engineers, data scientists, content creators and financial analysts who need to tackle multi-threaded, performance intensive applications at their desk, or on the go. The new 11th Gen Intel Core vPro H-series processors and Xeon W-11000 series mobile processors unveiled today and, when combined with the new Intel Core vPro platform, offer:
- Xeon + Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory.
- Intel Hardware Shield — available exclusively on the Intel vPro platform, as delivered by 11th Gen Intel Core vPro mobile processors5, provides the world’s most comprehensive hardware-based security for business, and the industry’s first and only silicon-enabled artificial intelligence threat detection to help stop ransomware and cryptomining attacks for Windows-based systems.5 It is also equipped with Intel® Control-flow Enforcement Technology, a ground-breaking technology to help shut down an entire class of attacks that long evaded software-only solutions.6
- Intel Total Memory Encryption.
- Intel Active Management Technology.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost.
About the Diversity of Designs with Broad Availability: 11th Gen Intel Core Mobile H-series and Intel Xeon W-11000 series processors will power more than 80 enthusiast laptop designs across consumer, commercial and workstation segments this year. With more than one million 11th Gen H-series processors shipped to Intel partners worldwide by launch, whether it’s for high-refresh gaming, robust content creation or mobile workstations, no one offers people more choices and availability when it comes to mobile computing.
The Small Print:
1 As measured by frames per second on similarly configured systems with 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11980HK, Intel Core i9-10980HK, or Ryzen 9 5900HX processors. Product prices may vary. Results: 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11980HK scored higher on the majority of the 29 game titles tested. See www.intel.com/11thgenmobile for details.2 Estimated based on Intel internal measurements of SPECint_rate_base2017 (1-copy) of an Intel Core i9-11980HK-based internal reference platform versus estimated measurements on AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, Intel Core i9-10980HK and Intel Core i7-11375H processors.
Intel Launches Its Most Advanced Performance Data Center Platform
Intel Showcases New 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable – the Only Data Center Processors with Built-In AI; Delivering on Average 46% Increased Performance
Intel today launched its most advanced, highest performance data center platform optimized to power the industry’s broadest range of workloads — from the cloud to the network to the intelligent edge. New 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors (code-named “Ice Lake”) are the foundation of Intel’s data center platform, enabling customers to capitalize on some of the most significant business opportunities today by leveraging the power of AI.
New 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors deliver a significant performance increase compared with the prior generation, with an average 46% improvement on popular data center workloads. The processors also add new and enhanced platform capabilities including Intel SGX for built-in security, and Intel Crypto Acceleration and Intel DL Boost for AI acceleration. These new capabilities, combined with Intel’s broad portfolio of Intel® Select Solutions and Intel® Market Ready Solutions, enable customers to accelerate deployments across cloud, AI, enterprise, HPC, networking, security and edge applications.
“Our 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable platform is the most flexible and performant in our history, designed to handle the diversity of workloads from the cloud to the network to the edge,” said Navin Shenoy, executive vice president and general manager of the Data Platforms Group at Intel. “Intel is uniquely positioned with the architecture, design and manufacturing to deliver the breadth of intelligent silicon and solutions our customers demand.”
3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
Leveraging Intel 10 nanometer (nm) process technology, the latest 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors deliver up to 40 cores per processor and up to 2.65 times higher average performance gain compared with a 5-year-old system. The platform supports up to 6 terabytes of system memory per socket, up to 8 channels of DDR4-3200 memory per socket and up to 64 lanes of PCIe Gen4 per socket.
New 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors are optimized for modern workloads that run in both on-premise and distributed multicloud environments. The processors provide customers with a flexible architecture including built-in acceleration and advanced security capabilities, leveraging decades of innovation.
- Built-in AI acceleration: The latest 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors deliver the AI performance, productivity and simplicity that enable customers to unlock more valuable insights from their data. As the only data center CPU with built-in AI acceleration, extensive software optimizations and turnkey solutions, the new processors make it possible to infuse AI into every application from edge to network to cloud. The latest hardware and software optimizations deliver 74% faster AI performance compared with the prior generation and provide up to 1.5 times higher performance across a broad mix of 20 popular AI workloads versus AMD EPYC 7763 and up to 1.3 times higher performance on a broad mix of 20 popular AI workloads versus Nvidia A100 GPU.
- Built-in security: With hundreds of research studies and production deployments, plus the ability to be continuously hardened over time, Intel SGX protects sensitive code and data with the smallest potential attack surface within the system. It is now available on 2-socket Xeon Scalable processors with enclaves that can isolate and process up to 1 terabyte of code and data to support the demands of mainstream workloads. Combined with new features, including Intel® Total Memory Encryption and Intel® Platform Firmware Resilience, the latest Xeon Scalable processors address today’s most pressing data protection concerns.
- Built-in crypto acceleration: Intel Crypto Acceleration delivers breakthrough performance across a host of important cryptographic algorithms. Businesses that run encryption-intensive workloads, such as online retailers who process millions of customer transactions per day, can leverage this capability to protect customer data without impacting user response times or overall system performance.
Additionally, to accelerate workloads on the 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable platform, software developers can optimize their applications using oneAPI open, cross-architecture programming, which provides freedom from technical and economic burdens of proprietary models. The Intel® oneAPI Toolkits help realize the processors’ performance, AI and encryption capabilities through advanced compilers, libraries, and analysis and debug tools.
Intel Xeon Scalable processors are supported by more than 500 ready-to-deploy Intel® IoT Market Ready Solutions and Intel Select Solutions that help to accelerate customer deployments — with up to 80% of our Intel Select Solutions being refreshed by end of year.
Industry-Leading Data Center Platform
Intel’s data center platforms are the most pervasive on the market, with unmatched capabilities to move, store and process data. The latest 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable platform includes the Intel Optane persistent memory 200 series, Intel Optane Solid State Drive (SSD) P5800X and Intel® SSD D5-P5316 NAND SSDs, as well as Intel Ethernet 800 Series Network Adapters and the latest Intel® Agilex FPGAs. Additional information about all these is available in the 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable platform fact sheet.
Delivering Flexible Performance Across Cloud, Networking and Intelligent Edge
Our latest 3rd Gen Xeon Scalable platform is optimized for a wide range of market segments — from the cloud to the intelligent edge.
- For the cloud: 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors are engineered and optimized for the demanding requirements of cloud workloads and support a wide range of service environments. Over 800 of the world’s cloud service providers run on Intel Xeon Scalable processors, and all of the largest cloud service providers are planning to offer cloud services in 2021 powered by 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors.
- For the network: Intel’s network-optimized “N-SKUs” are designed to support diverse network environments and optimized for multiple workloads and performance levels. The latest 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors deliver on average 62% more performance on a range of broadly-deployed network and 5G workloads over the prior generation. Working with a broad ecosystem of over 400 Intel® Network Builders members, Intel delivers solution blueprints based on 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor “N SKUs,” resulting in accelerated qualification and shortened time-to-deployment for vRAN, NFVI, virtual CDN and more.
- For the intelligent edge: 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors deliver the performance, security and operational controls required for powerful AI, complex image or video analytics, and consolidated workloads at the intelligent edge. The platform delivers up to 1.56 times more AI inference performance for image classification than the prior generations.
11th Gen Intel Core: Unmatched Overclocking, Game Performance
The 11th Gen Intel® Core™ S-series desktop processors (code-named “Rocket Lake-S”) launched worldwide today, led by the flagship Intel® Core™ i9-11900K. Reaching speeds of up to 5.3GHz with Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost1, the Intel Core i9-11900K delivers even more performance to gamers and PC enthusiasts.
Engineered on the new Cypress Cove architecture, 11th Gen Intel Core S-series desktop processors are designed to transform hardware and software efficiency and increase raw gaming performance. The new architecture brings up to 19% gen-over-gen instructions per cycle (IPC) improvement2 for the highest frequency cores and adds Intel® UHD graphics featuring the Intel® Xe graphics architecture for rich media and intelligent graphics capabilities. That matters because games and most applications continue to depend on high-frequency cores to drive high frame rates and low latency.
Designed to Game: With its new 11th Gen desktop processors, Intel continues to push desktop gaming performance to the limits and deliver the most amazing immersive experiences for players everywhere.
At the top of the stack is the 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900K, featuring unmatched performance with up to 5.3 gigahertz, eight cores, 16 threads and 16 megabytes of Intel® Smart Cache. The unlocked 11th Gen Intel Core desktop processor supports fast memory speeds with DDR4-3200 to help enable smooth gameplay and seamless multitasking on this platform.
Improvements in this generation include:
- Up to 19% gen-over-gen IPC performance improvement.
- Up to 50% better integrated graphics performance with Intel UHD graphics featuring Intel Xe graphics architecture.3
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost and Vector Neural Network Instructions support to accelerate artificial intelligence (AI) inference — vastly improving performance for deep learning workloads.
- Enhanced overclocking tools and features for flexible overclocking and tuning performance and experience.
Through close collaboration with more than 200 of the top game developers, Intel brings a host of game, engine, middleware and rendering optimizations to applications so they can take advantage of 11th Gen Intel® Core™ S-series processors to deliver exciting gaming experiences.
Superior Tuning and Stability: 11th Gen Intel Core desktop processors introduce new overclocking tools and features for more flexible tuning to achieve unmatched speeds and superior game performance. This generation includes real-time memory overclocking which enables changes to DDR4 frequency in real time, extending memory overclocking support for H570 and B560 chipsets allowing users to experience overclocking, Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) 2 and AVX-512 voltage guard band override, and an all new integrated memory controller with wider timings and Gear 2 support (in addition to Gear 1 support).
Media and Streaming Features for Days: The new 11th Gen Intel Core S-series delivers rich media experiences, from AAA gaming to high-definition streaming with additional features including DDR4-3200 MHz support, 20 PCIe 4.0 lanes, Intel Quick Sync Video, enhanced media (10bit AV1/12bit high-efficiency video coding decode and end-to-end compression), enhanced display (Integrated HDMI 2.0, HBR3), and discrete Thunderbolt™ 4 and Intel Wi-Fi 6E support.
For more information on Intel 11th Gen Intel® Core™ S-series desktop processors, visit the 11th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processors Product Brief.
GCash, Sakahon Empower Agricultural Sector Through Affordable, Convenient Loans for Farmers in Floridablanca, Pampanga
With its clear vision to promote financial inclusion and digital adoption for all Filipinos, GCash, the country’s leading mobile wallet,...
#SAP Announces New Regional Strategic Services Partner Initiative
SAP Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) today announced a Regional Strategic Services Partner (RSSP) initiative to amplify the capabilities and reach of established partners in the APJ region that are...
Release The Pressure On All Major Platforms With Powerwash Simulator #PowerwashSimulator #SquareEnix
The super-soothing simulator is now available on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5 and Nintendo Switch™ alongside a free TOMB RAIDER-themed Special Pack for...
Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia Celebrates 5th Anniversary #FinalFantasy
Exclusive Anniversary Content and Rewards Available for a Limited Time SQUARE ENIX® kicks off celebrations for the 5th anniversary of...
#GCash #GrabPhilippines Join Forces for More convenient Direct Cashless payment Option
Grab users can use GCash to pay for the leading superapp’s services by February Paying for your ride and food...
vivo Launches X90 Series Flagship Smartphones Internationally #vivoX90 #vivoX90Pro #vivoPH
X90 and X90 Pro deliver all-around performance upgrades powered by a state-of-the-art dual-chip technology, ideal for professional-grade photography or gaming,...
EA SPORTS Madden NFL to Host Virtual Pro Bowl & Introduces Reimagined Version of the Iconic Madden Cruiser at 2023 NFL Pro Bowl Games
Defending Virtual Pro Bowl Champions Micah Parsons and Justin Jefferson take on Tyreek Hill and Sauce Gardner in the NFL...
Globe Logs over 11M Prepaid SIM Registrants, urges Customers to Register before April 26 Deadline
Globe, the leader in Mobile, has registered more than 11 million active prepaid SIMs around a month after the law...
VIVO2 weeks ago
Celebrate 2023 with vivo Smartphones and Get Exclusive Freebies at vivo Concept Stores or Kiosks! #VivoY22s #vivoY35 #vivoV25e #vivoV25 #vivoV25Pro
Globe2 weeks ago
Globe’s 5G network expands to 237 sites in VisMin, Connects more Consumers and Businesses #Globe5G #VisMin
ASUS3 weeks ago
8 Reasons Why Choose the ASUS Vivobook S 14 OLED as your Next Laptop
Globe4 weeks ago
Globe’s Non-Telco Revenues Jump 101% #GlobeTelecom
Vertiv2 weeks ago
Vertiv’s Liebert® itON-SOHO UPS: The Best Tech Gift to Buy for Yourself #Vertiv
Honor3 weeks ago
HONOR X9a 5G Ultra Tough Premium OLED Curved Screen to Launch on January 19
VIVO3 weeks ago
#vivo dominates the Top 10 Best Performing Flagship Phones by Antutu for December 2022 #vivoX90Pro #iQOO11Pro
VIVO3 weeks ago
Usher in a Prosperous New Year with vivo’s Powerful and Reliable Smartphones #vivoV25 #vivoY35 #vivoY22s #vivoChristmasParoleta2022 #vivoChristmasRaffleWin2022 #PaskongLavivoLoca