Build, Explore, Race: 2K and the LEGO® Group Announce LEGO 2K Drive Coming May 19, 2023
Available for pre-order now, the new AAA driving adventure game evolves the iconic LEGO® play experience and is the first title in a multi-title partnership
Today, 2K and the LEGO Group announced LEGO® 2K Drive, the ultimate AAA driving adventure game, available worldwide on May 19, 2023. Developed by Visual Concepts, LEGO 2K Drive evolves the iconic LEGO play experience with a vast, open world where players can build any vehicle, drive anywhere and become a LEGO racing legend.
LEGO 2K Drive will be the first release in a multi-title partnership between 2K and the LEGO Group to develop AAA LEGO games. With 2K’s proven expertise in creating high quality and engaging interactive entertainment properties and the LEGO Group’s unprecedented cultural impact, the partnership will evolve the iconic LEGO games experience fans know and love in exciting new ways.
A world-class team at Visual Concepts with deep experience in the genre will bring AAA quality, depth of gameplay and stunning visuals to a LEGO driving game for the first time. LEGO 2K Drive will combine the best elements of open-world driving and fast-paced competitive racing, while introducing a diverse vehicle customization system.
Additionally, a collaboration with supercar and hypercar company McLaren Automotive will bring the McLaren Solus GT and McLaren F1 LM – just released in a LEGO Speed Champions double-pack set to help celebrate 60 years since McLaren was founded by racer and engineer Bruce McLaren – to the world of Bricklandia, as the cover cars perfectly encapsulate the thrilling, high-octane experience fans can expect in LEGO 2K Drive.
Key features of LEGO 2K Drive include:
- A Story in a Vast Open World: Players will journey across Bricklandia’s multiple unique biome regions as they compete against a series of charismatic rivals with hopes of one day winning the coveted Sky Cup Trophy. In LEGO 2K Drive, players choose how they want to play, with a wide open world to explore full of racing, minigames, challenges, collectibles, things to destroy, and well-known vehicles from LEGO themes like City, Creator, Speed Champions and more.
- High-Octane LEGO Racing: Racing in LEGO 2K Drive is a fast-paced, off-the-wall experience as players battle across a broad range of tracks while taking advantage of unique power-up abilities that can transform a player’s standing in the race with the touch of a button.
- Unique Customization: LEGO 2K Drive introduces a diverse customization system that allows players to build their own vehicles to suit their tastes, with over 1,000 unique LEGO pieces available over the course of their adventure, in addition to a wealth of color designs, stickers, flairs, and more.
- Play Solo or Together: LEGO 2K Drive offers robust co-op and thrilling competitive multiplayer to enjoy with others. Play with family and friends via local, 2-person split-screen or match online with other intrepid racers of similar skill levels.
“Video games have long been an important way our fans experience the magic of the LEGO System-in-Play, and 2K’s strong track record of delivering quality, innovative titles for a broad range of audiences makes them the perfect partner to create the next iconic AAA LEGO games,” said Remi Marcelli, Head of LEGO GAME. “Beginning with LEGO 2K Drive, we’re excited for fans to experience a fresh new take that builds on the LEGO humor and fun fans have come to expect.”
“With the history the LEGO brand holds, we were very conscious of the responsibility we had to both our partners and longtime fans of LEGO play, while still thinking about how we can bring something new and unique to a LEGO title,” said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts. “For LEGO 2K Drive, we assembled a best-in-class team of game makers who poured their hearts into an unforgettable experience we can’t wait to share with fans.”
“The LEGO Group is an iconic brand with decades of innovative consumer experiences, and we were thrilled at the opportunity to partner with them as we continue to expand the 2K portfolio to new audiences worldwide,” said David Ismailer, President and CEO of 2K. “LEGO 2K Drive is an incredible first step in our multi-title commitment to delivering new, groundbreaking LEGO games.”
Three editions of LEGO 2K Drive will be available:
- The Standard Edition will be available for $59.99* on PlayStation®4 (PS4™), Xbox One, PC and Nintendo SwitchTM and $69.99* on PlayStation®5 (PS5™) and Xbox Series X|S in both physical and digital formats.
- The Awesome Edition will be available for $99.99* and includes a new vehicle, vehicle flair, and an in-game LEGO minifigure. Players will also receive the Year 1 Drive Pass**, which will introduce an all-new biome, in addition to four individual post-launch seasons of Drive Pass content, each with new vehicles and themes.
- The Awesome Rivals Edition will be available for $119.99* and includes multiple new vehicles, a vehicle flair, and in-game LEGO minifigures. Players will also receive the Year 1 Drive Pass**, which will introduce an all-new biome, in addition to four individual post-launch seasons of Drive Pass content, each with new vehicles and themes.
LEGO 2K Drive Standard Edition will be available worldwide on May 19, 2023 for PlayStation®5 (PS5™), PlayStation®4 (PS4™), Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo SwitchTM and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. Awesome Edition and Awesome Rivals Edition will be available to access digitally from May 16, 2023*** and Awesome Edition (Physical) will also be available for PlayStation®5 (PS5™), PlayStation®4 (PS4™), Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Nintendo SwitchTM while stocks last at select retailers in select territories from May 16, 2023.****
Pre-orders have begun on all platforms, and players who pre-order before launch day will receive the Aquadirt Racer Pack (Digital).*****
The ESRB rating for LEGO 2K Drive is E10+. For screenshots, key art, and other visual assets, please visit newsroom.2k.com. To learn more, please visit https://lego.2k.com/drive and follow on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Online Account (13+) required to access online features. See www.take2games.com/legal and www.take2games.com/privacy for additional details.
Visual Concepts is a 2K studio. 2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
*Based on 2K’s suggested retail price. Actual retail price may vary. See local store for info.
**Year 1 Drive Pass included with 2K Drive Awesome Edition and Awesome Rivals Edition. Also available for individual purchase . Base game required. For digital orders, Year 1 Drive Pass content will be automatically delivered in-game upon release. For physical orders, Year 1 Drive Pass content will be delivered via a code in box to be redeemed in game and available upon release. More details on the Year 1 Drive Pass will be shared in the future.
***Awesome Edition and Awesome Rivals Edition not available on Nintendo SwitchTM in Japan, South Korea and Hong Kong until May 19, 2023.
****See local retailer store or site for availability details.
*****Pre-order bonus offer available for LEGO 2K Drive Standard Edition and Cross-Gen Standard Edition through May 18 2023. Offer is for the Aquadirt Racer pack which includes one (1) Aquadirt Racer Street Car, one (1) Aquadirt Racer Off-road Car and one (1) Aquadirt Racer Boat. The Aquadirt Racer Pack is included in the Awesome Edition and Awesome Rivals Editions. For physical pre-orders, content will be redeemed in game via a code provided in box. For digital pre-orders, content will be automatically entitled in game. Terms apply.
GCash Europe Alipay+ partnership
GCash users can now opt for a hassle-free, cashless payment method on their next Euro trip as the Philippines’ leading...
Beep LRT 1 Commuting Experience
AF Payments, Inc., the operator of the beep card, is pleased to announce the successful launch of Maya’s and Light...
HONOR Magic5 Pro Release PH
It’s official – the much-awaited HONOR Magic5 Pro will officially be launched on June 8, 2023! Catch it live on...
ASUS Computex 2023 Products
New offerings will be on display and available for exclusive hands-on experiences at the ASUS and ROG booths ASUS announced...
GCash RAFI GForest Cebu
Committed to support sustainable development and address climate change, the Philippines’ leading mobile wallet GCash, together with the Ramon Aboitiz...
POCO Smartphone 6.6 Sale
Don’t miss out on the best POCO smartphone deal of the season from June 6 to 8, 2023 POCO, known...
Hill Climb Racing For Windows 7/8/XP & MAC Free Download
Hill Climb Racing for Windows: Hill climb Racing is an amazing game with good graphics. Have you played any one...
How To Get Free Unlimited Lives & Boosters On Candy Crush Saga
Get Free Unlimited Lives & Boosters In Candy Crush Saga: We all know Candy Crush Saga is one of the...
GCash4 weeks ago
#GCash Pushes for More Innovations to Boost Financial Inclusion in 2nd Part of Public Sector Workshop Series
Vertiv4 weeks ago
Keeping Your Data Centers Cool from Extreme Heatwave in the Philippines #Vertiv
Globe3 weeks ago
#Globe Group partners with #Aklan LGU to Encourage Responsible tourism in #LoveBoracay2023
Fortinet4 weeks ago
HGC Philippines Achieves #Fortinet Secure SD-WAN and SD-Branch Partner Specializations
Honor4 weeks ago
Exciting deals are coming your way this #HONOR Payday Sale!
GCash4 weeks ago
#GCash #USAID, and Silliman University to plant 500,000 mangrove trees in South Negros
GCash4 weeks ago
GCash Official Statement Hack Accounts
OPPO4 weeks ago
OPPO 2023 Inspiration Challenge