Airbnb 2023 Summer Release: Introducing Airbnb Rooms, an all-new take on the original #Airbnb #AirbnbRooms
Plus over 50 new features and upgrades based on feedback from our community, including total price display, transparent checkout instructions, improved maps, redesigned wishlists, and more
With the pandemic finally over, this year we’re expecting 300 million people to travel and host on Airbnb. To prepare, we’re making the most extensive set of improvements to Airbnb ever, starting with the introduction of Airbnb Rooms, an all-new take on the original Airbnb. We’re also launching over 50 new features and upgrades that address top feedback from our guests and Hosts across the end-to-end Airbnb experience.
Airbnb Rooms category Redesigned filters Host Passport
Introducing Airbnb Rooms
Airbnb began as a way to stay in a room in someone else’s home. This original idea of sharing a home offers two unique benefits. First, it’s more affordable for guests. More than 80% of private rooms are under $100/night, with an average rate of $67/night. Second, staying with a Host is a great way to meet someone new and experience the city like a local.
We think this idea is more important than ever. In the current economic environment, people want to travel affordably. And after years of being isolated during the pandemic, they’re looking for ways to connect with people and have authentic experiences. Now is the perfect time to stay in a room in someone else’s home. But for even more people to try it, they have to feel comfortable staying with a Host.
Today, we’re introducing Airbnb Rooms, an all-new take on the original Airbnb. Guests have told us that they want to know more about who they’re staying with. Every Airbnb Room features a Host Passport, which helps guests get to know their Host before booking their stay. We’ve also created a Rooms category with over 1 million listings, redesigned filters and added new privacy features.
“With Airbnb Rooms, we’re getting back to the idea that started it all – back to our founding ethos of sharing,” said Brian Chesky, Airbnb co-founder and CEO. “Airbnb Rooms are often more affordable than hotels, and they’re the most authentic way to experience a city. This is the soul of Airbnb.”
- Host Passport – We want every guest to feel comfortable staying with a Host. Exclusive to Airbnb Rooms, the Host Passport helps you get to know your Host before booking your stay. Simply tap the Host Passport to view a larger photo and details Hosts have shared about themselves, including where they went to school, what they do for work, a fun fact about themselves, and much more.
- Airbnb Rooms category – Airbnb Rooms are easy to discover, with a new category featuring a curated set of 1 million private bedrooms. Listings include access to shared spaces, like the kitchen, living room, or backyard.
- Redesigned filters – We’ve redesigned the “type of place” filter to make it easy to switch between Airbnb Rooms, entire homes, or all types of places. It’s simple to view the average price for each type of place with an enhanced price filter that updates based on your choice.
- New privacy features – We know that when you’re sharing a home, privacy is important. All Airbnb Rooms will clearly indicate if the bedroom door has a lock. The listing page also shows whether the bathrooms are shared or private, and whether people other than the Host will be in the home during your stay.
Total price display Transparent check out Improved maps
50+ new features and upgrades based on your feedback
In preparation for an anticipated record-setting travel season, we’re improving nearly every aspect of the Airbnb service – and we’re doing it based on feedback from our community.
To improve our service, we took a design-driven approach. We started by storyboarding the guest and Host journey – from sign up to checking out, and every step in between. We created a blueprint of the experience – every screen, every policy, and every interaction with customer support mapped out. Then, we analyzed millions of customer service tickets and mapped them across the journey. We also reviewed thousands of social media posts and spoke with hundreds of thousands of guests and Hosts about how to improve Airbnb.
“Millions of people have given us feedback on how to improve Airbnb. We’ve listened,” said Brian Chesky. “Today, we’re introducing the most extensive set of updates ever. Our design-driven approach means we’re always making Airbnb better, and our over 50 new features and upgrades are just the beginning. We will never stop improving Airbnb.”
Here are just a few of the 50+ new features and upgrades we’re launching for guests starting today:
- Total price display – Guests can view the total price with fees, before taxes, across the entire app including in search results, price filter, maps, and listing pages.
- Transparent checkout instructions – Guests can now view checkout instructions on the listing page before booking, and they’ll receive a reminder before they leave the home. During the review process, guests can tell us about any excessive requests. And listings with repeated low ratings from unreasonable chores will be removed from Airbnb.
- Improved maps – Used by more than 80 percent of guests, we’ve updated maps with faster performance, persistent pins when zooming and panning, and more results when searching.
- Redesigned wishlists – Wishlists now include a redesigned interface, one-tap saving, and an improved calendar that shows availability of wishlisted homes. Guests can also add notes to any wishlisted listing – making it easier to remember why they loved it.
- Simpler and more affordable monthly stays – For stays over three months, we’re significantly reducing the guest service fee after the third month. Guests in the US can also save for stays over one month when paying with their linked bank account. And when searching, the new Months tab features an all-new interface that makes it easy to dial in a range from 1-12 months.
- Priority customer service on a trip – We created a dedicated 24/7 support team for priority access when you’re on a trip, with a goal of answering 90% of calls in English in two minutes or less.
- Pay over time – Through a new partnership with Klarna, guests in the US and Canada can apply to pay for stays in four interest-free installments over six weeks. For bookings over $500, guests can apply to pay monthly (US only). More countries will be added throughout the year.
- Instant rebooking credit – If a Host cancels within 30 days of arrival, most guests will receive an instant credit that can be used to rebook another stay immediately.
As part of the 50+ new features and upgrades, we’re launching 25 improvements for Hosts, including new pricing tools to help Hosts set competitive prices, easily add weekly and monthly discounts, and compare their listing to similar ones in their area. We’re also including a yearly view in calendar, the ability to easily enter checkout instructions, read receipts and new quick replies in messaging, and more.
Worldwide rollout starting today
Airbnb Rooms and over 50+ new features and upgrades for guests and Hosts will begin rolling out this week. Hosts can try new features today by enrolling in Airbnb Early Access.
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed 1.4 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
What is Airbnb Rooms?
Airbnb Rooms is a new category on Airbnb that offers a curated set of over 1 million private bedrooms. Every Airbnb Room features a Host Passport, which helps guests get to know their Host before booking their stay. Redesigned filters and new privacy features have also been added to make it easy for guests to find the perfect room that suits their needs. Airbnb Rooms offers guests an affordable way to experience a city while staying with a Host who can offer authentic experiences and help them feel at home.
Airbnb Unveils New Tool Enabling Guests to Vheck WiFi speed in Listings Before Booking
As the work-from-anywhere trend continues, being able to determine a listing’s WiFi speed before booking is a key feature for digital nomads
After a year into the pandemic, most office workers in the Philippines have realized one thing: you don’t need to work out of an office cubicle. Some who have grown weary of being cooped indoors are now catching up with what digital nomads have been doing for a while – calling beachside villas, mountain cabins and countryside stays their new offices.
As the flexibility to work and live from anywhere continues to grow, being able to determine a listing’s wifi speed before booking is a must-have not only for digital nomads, but also for remote workers, creatives, road schoolers, traveling families, gamers, etc.
Guests want peace of mind that their stays can support their connection needs. Whether Zooming with colleagues, streaming an update, working on online documents, or catching up with family on video chat, fast and stable internet is more crucial than ever.
Guests can now easily view the WiFi speed on the amenities section of each Airbnb listing
While Hosts have been able to manually add WiFi speeds to their listing descriptions for some time, Airbnb is now providing an easy and efficient in-app solution to allow them to measure the WiFi speed in their listing using the Airbnb app.
Hosts can test their listing’s connection speed right within the app, and easily have their wifi speed information posted on their listing page, making their listings more appealing to guests looking for connected stays:
Hosts can test their listings connection speed in four easy steps: 1) Start test, 2) Connect to WiFi, 3) Test the WiFi speed and 4) Get WiFi speed results
This feature uses M-Lab’s open source software to measure download speeds. Airbnb has begun rolling out in-app internet speed testing in the US, and will roll out the new function globally in the coming weeks.
Beep LRT 1 Commuting Experience
AF Payments, Inc., the operator of the beep card, is pleased to announce the successful launch of Maya’s and Light...
HONOR Magic5 Pro Release PH
It’s official – the much-awaited HONOR Magic5 Pro will officially be launched on June 8, 2023! Catch it live on...
ASUS Computex 2023 Products
New offerings will be on display and available for exclusive hands-on experiences at the ASUS and ROG booths ASUS announced...
GCash RAFI GForest Cebu
Committed to support sustainable development and address climate change, the Philippines’ leading mobile wallet GCash, together with the Ramon Aboitiz...
POCO Smartphone 6.6 Sale
Don’t miss out on the best POCO smartphone deal of the season from June 6 to 8, 2023 POCO, known...
Hill Climb Racing For Windows 7/8/XP & MAC Free Download
Hill Climb Racing for Windows: Hill climb Racing is an amazing game with good graphics. Have you played any one...
How To Get Free Unlimited Lives & Boosters On Candy Crush Saga
Get Free Unlimited Lives & Boosters In Candy Crush Saga: We all know Candy Crush Saga is one of the...
How To Get Teen Patti Free Chips [Tricks/Cheat]
Octro Teen Patti Free Chips Cheats and Tricks for Earning Free Chips: Firstly Teen Patti Game was created by the...
GCash4 weeks ago
#GCash Pushes for More Innovations to Boost Financial Inclusion in 2nd Part of Public Sector Workshop Series
Vertiv3 weeks ago
Keeping Your Data Centers Cool from Extreme Heatwave in the Philippines #Vertiv
Globe3 weeks ago
#Globe Group partners with #Aklan LGU to Encourage Responsible tourism in #LoveBoracay2023
GCash4 weeks ago
GCash Official Statement Hack Accounts
Honor3 weeks ago
Exciting deals are coming your way this #HONOR Payday Sale!
Fortinet3 weeks ago
HGC Philippines Achieves #Fortinet Secure SD-WAN and SD-Branch Partner Specializations
GCash3 weeks ago
#GCash #USAID, and Silliman University to plant 500,000 mangrove trees in South Negros
OPPO4 weeks ago
OPPO 2023 Inspiration Challenge