A global annual survey of Chief Information Officers (CIOs) by Lenovo reveals that despite economic headwinds and IT budget challenges, the world’s CIOs are optimistic about the capacity of technology to deliver value to their organizations. Despite their confidence, the risks are real: 83% are concerned about insufficient finances to adequately invest in innovation and digital transformation, and nearly half (48%) are “extremely” or “very” concerned.
The second edition of the annual Lenovo Global Study of CIOs found that CIOs (48%) are also more likely to prioritize innovation in new technologies over optimizing their current tech stack. The stakes are high, with 60% of CIOs reporting that a freeze in investment to innovation would impact their business at once or within weeks across business automation, business model transformation, data analytics and environment, social, and governance initiatives. Adding to this, 33% of CIOs do not feel their organization is sufficiently resilient.
According to Michael Ngan, Country General Manager of Lenovo Philippines, the role of the CIO has become extremely demanding. “As the technology landscape becomes more complex, it becomes increasingly challenging for CIOs to implement digital transformation across the organization and prioritize initiatives and investments that yield positive business results,” he shared.
It comes as no surprise that CIOs are turning towards “as a Service” (aaS) offerings for their tech stacks. Deploying aaS solutions simplifies and optimizes everything, enabling IT leaders to focus on innovation and be more agile in responding to their organizations’ changing needs. A pay-as-you-go consumption model – from procurement to deployment and management of infrastructure to hardware and licensing – empowers CIOs and IT teams to focus on innovation or more strategic imperatives, a benefit that most CIOs are aware of.
The vast majority (92%) of CIOs are considering adding new aaS solutions to their tech stacks over the next two years. This is on the back of 71% of CIOs who said between 11% and 50% of their IT is currently delivered on an aaS basis. Software aaS, infrastructure aaS and device aaS are cited by more than half of CIOs as being much or somewhat more used than in the previous year.
Organic and AI opportunities for IT leaders
The analysis revealed two important priorities. The first is the rise of artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) as mainstream IT goals, which is boosting innovation ambitions. The second category is people-related opportunities, which are important for a company’s success because attracting and maintaining talent is crucial.
AI/ML has quickly become an urgent priority for CIOs as they strive to stay up to date with the rapid pace of technological progress. No less than 43% feel “urgent pressure” to address AI/ML as a priority, only slightly behind cybersecurity (51%). As many as three in five IT leaders also have experienced pressure to further optimize their companies’ operations.
Talent-related responsibilities including recruitment and retention (59%), managing a remote workforce (59%), managing global teams (58%), and diversity, equity, and inclusion (55%) remain significant challenges for CIOs as they expand their role to digitize operations across departments.
Lenovo “Let’s Get Into It” Series
Consumers today have access to a world of entertainment, inspiration, and knowledge whether they are viewers or creators.
Everyday, people are bringing their ideas to life in many ways and on different platforms. With innovation and technology readily available, everyone can become a creator but to stand out among the rest, one should be equipped with the best tools to get the job done.
Lenovo Philippines has partnered with James Beard Foundation Awardee, Content Creator and Creative Director, Erwan Heussaff and travel video channel FEATR to bring to life stories from around the Philippines with the help of the latest Lenovo Yoga and Legion devices.
The “Let’s Get Into It” series offers a look into the food, traditions and stories of local communities in the Philippines starting in the lush forests of Palawan.
“We live in a world brimming with inspiration and possibility. Content creation gives us the power to showcase our creativity and tell stories that can greatly impact audiences around the world”, Erwan shares. “Lenovo has been a long-time partner through many creative journeys”, he continues. “As creators, we need the right set of tools that will help us share our stories and experiences, anytime and anywhere. With my Yoga Pro 9i, no matter where I am, I am able to bring the power to create, edit videos, and photos which I would normally do at home on my desktop.”
The latest generation of the Lenovo Yoga Pro 9i is Intel-powered and supercharged with the Lenovo X Power, giving creators a machine that can provide maximum power and handle the challenges of both work and play.
“Aside from the power and portability, my favorite aspect of the device has to be its overall design”, Erwan shares. “I’m very passionate about sustainability and Lenovo is able to incorporate this into its devices. The elegant design of this device uses 50% of recycled materials in both the bottom cover and the keyboard.”
In addition to the series and to further empower creators to make their inspirations to creations, Lenovo is hosting a workshop with Erwan at Cyberzone, SM City Makati on September 14, Thursday from 12:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. Attendees will get up close and personal with the Lenovo Yoga Pro 9i and Legion Slim 5i and receive tips and tricks on how to level-up their game on content creation.
Lenovo New Gaming Handheld Console
– Today, Lenovo announced several new products and solutions at its annual holiday product launch. The new additions to the portfolio – which include AI-tuned innovations in gaming, a groundbreaking 3D monitor, software solutions, versatile accessories, and more – are available to explore here.
Gaming on the Go: Lenovo Legion™ Gaming Handheld Device and Accessories Untether PC Gaming
The new Lenovo Legion Go is the company’s first Windows gaming handheld device that gives gamers more freedom to game however—and wherever—they want. The Lenovo Legion Go is designed for gamers who will settle for nothing less than top-tier specs and visuals on their handheld device. Along with the new micro-OLED-equipped Lenovo Legion Glasses and new Lenovo Legion E510 7.1 RGB Gaming In-Ear Headphones, the debut of the Lenovo Legion Go is a marked expansion of the Lenovo Legion ecosystem of gaming devices, monitors, accessories, software, and services that empower gamers to immerse themselves in their games.
- The new Lenovo Legion Go brings Windows PC gaming power to a handheld mobile form factor, powered by AMD Ryzen™ Z1 Series processors that bring games to life on its 8.8-inch Lenovo PureSight Gaming Display.
- For gamers who want to take their Lenovo Legion Go portable gaming experience to the next level, the new Lenovo Legion Glasses leverage micro-OLED technology to provide a large screen viewing experience that fits in the pocket.
- For a truly immersive gaming experience, the new Lenovo Legion E510 7.1 RGB Gaming In-Ear Headphones offer hi-res 7.1 surround sound audio with a multifunction inline controller.
The King of Cool: Lenovo Legion 9i is the World’s First AI-Tuned Gaming Laptop with an Integrated Liquid-Cooling System1
The Lenovo Legion 9i (16”, 8) is the first top-of-the-line 16-inch gaming laptop in Lenovo Legion’s ecosystem—and in the world—with a self-contained liquid-cooling system1, designed for gamers and creators with heavy graphic workflow requirements who need a full development studio in their bag. The Lenovo Legion 9i leads the Lenovo Legion lineup that also includes the Lenovo Legion Pro series for competitive gamers and the Lenovo Legion Slim series for gamers who value agility, as well as Lenovo Legion displays and peripherals. Also announced today are the Lenovo Legion 16” Gaming Backpack GB700 and GB400, two backpack options that give gamers a choice between slim and lightweight agility or extra storage without sacrificing protection for their Lenovo Legion 9i (16”, 8) or any other laptops and accessories.
Transforming Digital Workspaces: New Devices and Software Power the Future of Hybrid Work
In addition to new gaming devices, Lenovo is unveiling new cutting-edge tech tools and essentials tailored to empower the dynamic, evolving needs of today’s business end-users. Its new monitor, software, and accessories are not only designed to boost the capabilities of today’s remote and hybrid workforces, but also to address significant challenges faced by businesses as they digitize operations across departments. Lenovo research shows that managing a remote workforce and global teams remain central tasks for CIOs.2 That’s why the new offerings integrate impressive processing power, immersive 3D, and advanced security to create a unified, human-centered experience.
- For professional content creators who require immersive 3D visualization, the new ThinkVision™ 27 3D Monitor – a stunning 27-inch, glasses-free, 2D/3D compatible monitor – offers seamless 3D effects and real-time eye-tracking.
- The new Lenovo Wired VOIP Headset and Lenovo Wired ANC Headset Gen 2 are high-quality audio solutions for professionals in hybrid work environments, include an inline call control box, active noise cancellation with the latter, and compatibility with popular conferencing platforms.
- For remote work and to support sustainability efforts, the cloud-based Lenovo Device Manager will roll out enhanced new features that include a comprehensive AI-powered energy management solution that efficiently manages device fleets and optimizes power usage.
- To round out the new line-up are a selection of sophisticated and comfortable carry cases, the Lenovo ThinkPad Professional 16inch Backpack Gen 2, and the ThinkPad Professional 16inch and 14inch Topload Gen 2.
Lenovo ThinkPad Mobile Workstations AMD Ryzen PRO 7040
These models open up an enhanced world of AI-driven features for advanced collaborations.
– Lenovo™ recently unveiled the newest additions to its ThinkPad mobile workstation portfolio. Powered by the latest AMD Ryzen™ PRO 7040 Series Mobile processors with optional NVIDIA RTX™ professional graphics, the new ThinkPad P16v, P16s Gen 2 and P14s Gen 4 complement the models announced in May 2023, offering customers a broad choice in mobile workstation PC solutions.
“Our latest workstations are all about empowering our customers to make a real difference and leave a lasting impact in their fields, whether it’s research and design, engineering and finance, media and entertainment, healthcare and education, or any other area. We’re truly committed to bringing innovations that revolve around people, giving our customers the tools they need to unlock their full potential with ThinkPad mobile workstations,” shared Mike Ngan, Country General Manager of Lenovo Philippines.
Bringing advanced and power-efficient processors with AMD PRO technologies and Ryzen™ AI on select models opens up an enhanced world of AI-driven features for advanced collaboration on ThinkPad mobile workstations. The new models include:
- ThinkPad P16v (SRP 107,899.00): A powerful workstation for creators who require more power to handle large workloads and multitask with ease. It features up to AMD Ryzen 9 PRO 7040 HS Series Mobile processors, up to the NVIDIA RTX 2000 Ada Generation laptop GPU for mobile workstations, and a dual thermal outflow that maximizes cooling. It also offers a range of display options, including a super bright 800nit IPS panel with low blue light, and the latest chip-to-cloud security features to help protect valuable data and identity on the move.
- ThinkPad P14s Gen 4 (SRP 90,299.00) and P16s Gen 2 (SRP 92,699.00): Mobile workstations for highly mobile professionals, educators, and students who seek an ideal mix of performance and power at a comfortable price point without compromising security or durability. They are available in Black or Storm Grey and feature up to AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 7040 Series Mobile processors with an integrated AMD Radeon™ 700M Series GPU. They also have several display options, including OLED and low blue light displays, an optional 5MP camera, as well as a range of battery options to support hybrid workers.
Lenovo also offers a comprehensive portfolio of services to support and safeguard workstation investment, including Lenovo’s TruScale Device as a Service (DaaS) model, warranty upgrades and extensions, and Lenovo Premier Support Plus that offers direct access to Lenovo’s best technicians.
The new workstations are available starting August 2023. To learn more about Lenovo’s workstation product portfolio, visit: www.lenovo.com/workstations.
OPPO brings the newest A38 in the Philippines
Leading global smart device brand OPPO, has introduced the new OPPO A38, the latest addition to its powerful A Series...
realme 11 Pro Series 5G Photography
Level up your shots with a 200MP OIS SuperZoom Camera, Street Mode mode and more In today’s digital world where...
HUAWEI MatePad 11″ PaperMatte Edition Philippines
Huawei is set to revolutionize tablet technology with the launch of the HUAWEI MatePad 11″ PaperMatte Edition, featuring an industry-first...
XTREME Appliances SM Seasidie City Cebu
After a series of store openings in different parts of Luzon for the last two quarters, XTREME, the country’s one-stop-shop...
Samsung 25th Anniversary Sale Gadgets
Samsung has been a part of the lives of Filipino families for 25 years, elevating our living experience with amazing...
TP-Link’s Archer AX12: Your Next-Generation Router
TP-Link, the leading innovator in networking solutions worldwide, is set to raise the bar once again through the release of...
HONOR 2023 X Series HONOR X6a, X5 Plus, and Pad X9
Completing the viral HONOR X Series are the budget-friendly HONOR X6a, X5 Plus, and Pad X9 making its debut on...
Fortinet and NOW Corp Announce Partnership to Elevate Cybersecurity and 5G Security in the Philippines
Fortinet, the global cybersecurity leader driving the convergence of networking and security, and NOW Corp, Philippines’ foremost telecommunications and technology...
OPPO4 weeks ago
Oppo Find N3 Flip Foldable Phone Release
GCash2 weeks ago
GCash Payment Public Transportation
Home Credit4 weeks ago
Home Credit Gadgets Back to School Promo
GCash3 weeks ago
BSP, DILG, GCash Launch Paleng-QR Ph plus in Mandaue City
Honor3 weeks ago
HONOR SM City GenSan Mindanao
OPPO3 weeks ago
OPPO 9.9 Mega Sale
OPPO3 weeks ago
OPPO Reno10 Series 5G Price Philippines
Uncategorized2 weeks ago
The threats of AI | Generative AI’s Impact on Skills