It’s that time of year again for my annual list online summer learning opportunities or programs. Being a parent of four kids, I often find myself asking what I’m going to do w/ them when school gets out. There are lots of options out there for parents but I wanted something that would be fun as well as educational. Over the last few years Ed Tech companies have started to offer online summer “schools/programs” that are affordable and help prevent learning. These programs help fill a gap that sometimes is lacking over the summer months and best of all can be done at the comfort from home.
*This list is in alphabetical order
10 Online Summer Learning Opportunities
- BoomWriter Virtual Summer Camp – An innovative 5 day summer camp that for collaborative writing where educators can earn extra money and work from their home.
- Brain Chase – Is a online five week program for grades 2nd-8th. This adventure has students working in the subjects of Math, Reading, Writing, and more, while watching animated episodes and solving educational problems.
- Connections Learning – A nice collection of technology related online courses for Math and reading grades K-8th.
- Edgenuity – A great program for districts K-12 that offers at school classes or “virtual” through their online instructors.
- Electric Company – The Electric Company from PBS is offering a 6 wk multimedia summer learning program that will focus on Vocabulary and core Math concepts.
- fueleducation – A excellent online program for grades 6-12 w/ a wide variety of courses teaching any number of subjects.
- GoNoodle (Camp GoNoodle) – A fun and free online program that has students learning through play and other various educational activities.
- K5 Learning – A online Reading and Math program for grades K-5th w/ real time results and detailed reports.
- Time4Learning – A fun online program for grades PreK-8th in the subjects of Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts.
- Treca – An 8 week course for grades 9-12. Treca offers a wide range of online courses such as: Math, Science Social Studies, and more.