Regardless of if you’re making a New Year’s resolution to integrate new, more or better technology into your teaching in 2018, here are a few outstanding tools that almost every teacher should consider using:
*In alphabetical order
- BoomWriter – BoomWriter is a group writing site and a Google for Education Partner that lets students write, share and assess original fiction and nonfiction content in a highly engaging, collaborative environment. BoomWriter lets teachers provide their class/groups with guidance and directives to reinforce what’s being taught in the classsroom followed by personalized feedback to support and instruct individual students using their own writing submissions.
- Buncee – Buncee is a fantastic learning tool that educators are using in a wide variety of ways. This simple-to-use tools gives students and educators a digital canvas to create presentations, digital stories, announcements, and much much more. Best of all is the educational portal that allows teachers to create and manage students as well as a wide variety of educational resources/templates to help educators integrate Buncee into their curriculum.
- EDpuzzle – EDpuzzle is a wonderful website that educators around the world are using to “flip” their classroom or lesson. This tool lets any user take a video and “make” it their own by adding questions or voice to assess their audience’s learning. This makes it easy to differentiate instruction. Also, EDpuzzle has a fantastic online curriculum which makes it easy for educators to find resources to meet their needs.
- Storyboard That – Storyboard That is a widely popular website that teachers are using to integrate technology in their classroom. This is a great learning tool that educators are using for project based learning, graphic organizers, digital storytelling, writing prompts, and much much more. Also, there are lots of lesson plans, assignments, and templates, for teachers to choose from to help meet their needs.
- ThinkFluency – ThinkFluency is an innovative new iOS app that lets teachers easily assess student’s Reading fluency. Best of all, the scoring is done in real-time and generates detailed reports that can then be shared w/ others. Finally, ThinkFluency helps create individualized instruction plans for students, saves teacher’s time, and makes assessing super-easy.