Registration for BlackBerry Jam Asia 2013 in Hong Kong is now open. This year’s conference will take place on 26-27 September 2013 at AsiaWorld-Expo, Hong Kong. For more information, please visit http://www.blackberryjamconference.com/asia
What is it all about?
BlackBerry Jam Asia 2013 is one of the events for developers and key partners who are keen to understand how they are able to create applications and content for BlackBerry 10, and at the same time to gain insights on how to monetize their applications. During BlackBerry Jam Asia developers will get in-depth development training, business strategy sessions and networking opportunities that can help you build and perfect your BlackBerry 10 apps.
BlackBerry Jam Asia 2013 will provide developers opportunities to understand the capabilities of the BlackBerry 10 platform and how they can create engaging application experiences customers will want to download and use. This approach supports what recent research by VisionMobile™ (2013) discovered: that “developers’ platform choices depend very much on the goal they aim to achieve. When it comes to platform selection, contract developers will opt for platforms that will generate more revenue, CIOs will focus on efficiency and low cost, CMOs will focus on reach, while hobbyists will want to experiment with newer platforms .”
Benefits for Developers
To ensure that everyone is able to benefit from this conference, there will be more than 50 breakout sessions which will be presented by BlackBerry experts and members of the developer community. The content will focus on:
• Leveraging the Mobile Computing Opportunity
Developers can learn about the burgeoning area of mobile computing and how they can leverage concepts to build innovative apps. Beyond that, developers can learn how to leverage powerful multi-tasking capabilities and Adaptive UX design to help align their apps with mobile web standards and open source communities.
• Building a Business on BlackBerry
From the beginnings of an idea, through the startup pitch and all the way to marketing and app submissions to BlackBerry World™, developers will hear how startups and established organisations alike can partner with BlackBerry to build a business on the BlackBerry 10 platform.
• Built for BlackBerry. The Signature BlackBerry 10 experience
Building developers’ businesses on BlackBerry is our top priority. The Built for BlackBerry designation indicates to customers the signature, stand-out BlackBerry 10 experience. At the conference, developers can learn more about Built for BlackBerry and check out the range of resources available for designing, developing, and distributing their apps or games.
Some other key benefits for developers attending BlackBerry Jam Asia include:
- Attend multi-language pre-conference courses such as “Developing Apps Using the BlackBerry 10 Native SDK and Cascades™ UI Framework”, and game development workshop – “Game Destination at Jam Asia”
- Ask The Experts area, where they can bring technical development questions or questions about entrepreneurship and app marketing
- Indulge in the true gaming experience on BlackBerry 10 smartphones, featuring top games from around the globe.
In addition to that, qualified* attending developers of this year’s BlackBerry Jam Asia may receive a BlackBerry® 10 Dev Alpha C at the event. The BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C device is a testing device for developers that can be used to help adjust, debug and test BlackBerry 10 apps to get ready for the launch of the BlackBerry 10 QWERTY smartphones.
* Qualified developers will be determined by BlackBerry using applicant information from the registration system. If a developer has already received a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C device at a previous event or from BlackBerry, the developer will not be eligible for this offer. Quantities are limited. For more information, refer to http://www.blackberryjamconference.com/asia/event-info/device