Do you want to know how to unfollow on Instagram? This quick and simple guide will help you how to unfollow on Instagram who you used to follow. Also, it will not be embarrassing since Instagram doesn’t even notify the user that you unfollowed them. Unless the user thoroughly checks the follower list, it is impossible to know you unfollowed him or her.
Instagram is one of the largest social media platforms with more than a billion downloads around the world. Users hit the follow button for the accounts they are interested in or if they want to know their daily activities on Instagram. However, it often happens that you follow a pile of accounts when you are in the mood and later you rarely get in touch with them or see their posts and stories.
If you do not want to be on their follower’s list anymore, then you are always free to unfollow them. In this post, we will tell you how to unfollow on Instagram, how to make someone unfollow you on Instagram without blocking them, and also how to unfollow everyone on Instagram at once. Read below to know how to unfollow on Instagram easily.
How to Unfollow on Instagram
When you don’t want to follow someone anymore on Instagram, then you can unfollow them anytime you wish. Generally, Instagram itself shows the recommendations for the users who you have least contacted. The good thing is the user won’t even get notified that you unfollowed them saving you the guilt or hesitation to unfollow them.
Here is how to unfollow someone on Instagram in a simple and straightforward method.
- Open your Instagram application and make sure you are signed in.
- Now, go to the bottom-right corner of the screen and tap on your profile.
- Next, tap on the “Following” section on your profile to see who you follow.
- A list of accounts that you are following right now will be displayed.
- Find the account that you want to unfollow and tap on “Following” next to their name.
- If the account is private, a confirmation pop-up will appear. Tap on “Unfollow”.
- If the account is public, that account will be unfollowed immediately.
- That’s it.
This is how to unfollow on Instagram easily within seconds. Once you unfollow someone on Instagram with a private account, you won’t be able to see their posts and stories. If you have unfollowed a private account, you can still view their posts and stories without even following them.
How to Mass Unfollow on Instagram
Want to know how to unfollow everyone on Instagram? For this, you will need a third-party application that helps in mass unfollowing on Instagram. There are many such applications on the Play Store and App Store, one of which you can select for unfollowing a large number of people at a time.
We are using Insta Clean App for Android and iOS here. This application has both free and paid versions. For mass unfollowing on Instagram, you can easily use the free version. If you wish to add more features, you can buy the services at $2.99. Here is how to unfollow on Instagram for more users.
- First of all, visit Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS.
- Search for the “Insta Clean” app and install this app on your device.
- Once installed, open the app and tap on “Login with Instagram”.
- Now, enter your Instagram username and password and select “Log in”.
- When logged into your account, you will see a list of people you are following.
- You just have to tap on the profiles who you want to unfollow.
- Once you have selected all of them, tap on the right tick icon located at the top-left.
- Then, select the option for “Unfollow” for the selected Instagram accounts.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. Tap on “Unfollow” again.
- That’s it.
This is how to unfollow on Instagram when you want to unfollow a large number of accounts at once.
- Free Minecraft account and password
- Steam not recognizing installed game
- Fallout games in order
- What are automated queries
How to Make Someone Unfollow you on Instagram
Till now you have seen how to unfollow someone from the list of people you were following on Instagram. But, what if you don’t want someone to follow you anymore. This is what we are going to discuss below. If you want to make someone unfollow you, then that is totally your call.
Instagram has the option “Remove Follower” using which you can remove the followers from your list. The user will not be notified that you removed him or her from your follower’s list. Here is how to make someone unfollow you on Instagram without notifying them.
- First of all, launch the Instagram application and sign in to your account.
- Now, go to the bottom-right corner of the screen and tap on your profile icon.
- Next, select the “Followers” option from your profile on Instagram.
- The list of people who are following you will appear here.
- Find the one you want to make unfollow you and tap on the three dots next to the account.
- Tap on the “Remove” option appearing in the pop-up.
- Confirm that you want to remove this user from your followers.
This user will no longer be on your follower’s list unless he or she again hits “Follow” on your profile. If you do not wish to be followed again by the user, just block the account or make yours private.
That was how to unfollow on Instagram. In order to unfollow someone on Instagram, just go through the simple steps provided in this post. There is no way by which you can clean unfollow a large number of accounts. Therefore, using third-party applications will help. We hope you found this article helpful. For more related articles visit the TechRulz website.