HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, announces today that the new Nokia 2.1 and Nokia 3.1 will be available for PHP5,990 and PHP9,990, respectively, starting August 29.
Delivering premium experience and a sophisticated aluminum design, the Nokia 3.1 exudes the quality and craftsmanship fans can expect from a Nokia smartphone. Joining the Android One family, the Nokia 3.1 is endorsed by Google as a best-in-class experience across hardware and software given its price point.
Nokia 3.1 Key features
• Premium looks with subtle striking metal design with dual diamond cuts. The anodised machined metal chassis, curved polycarbonate back and glass front deliver a harmony of materials for a great feel in hand.
• Just the right size – 18:9 aspect ratio 5.2” HD+ screen fitted in the same width as a standard 5” device body – larger and slimmer than its predecessor.
• Capture picture perfect memories with the 13MP rear camera, and fit all your friends in your selfies with the 8MP front-facing camera with wide 84.6-degree field of view.
• Premium experience without the premium price tag with powerful octa-core processor and all the necessary sensors such as gyroscope to unleash the power of modern apps.
• Pure, secure and up-to-date Android One experience. Giving you the best of the latest Android OreoTM features with monthly security updates for three years and OS updates for two years.
Nokia 3.1 sales package includes
• Nokia 3.1
• Charging / data cable
• Quick guide
• Sim door key
Nokia 3.1 Key Specifications
• Networks: APAC & EMEA: GSM850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 1,5,8, LTE cat4, B1,3,5,7,8,20,38,40 LAM & NAM: GSM850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 1,4,2,5,8, LTE cat4, B1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12/17,28,38,40 INDIA: GSM900/1800, WCDMA 1,5,8, LTE cat4, B1,3,5,40,41
• Network speed: LTE Cat 4
• OS: Android 8.0 OreoTM
• Chipset: MediaTek Helio P10
• RAM: 2/3 GB LPDDR3
• Storage: 16/32 GB internal user memory2 with MicroSD
card slot up to 128 GB support
• Form factor: touch monoblock with on-screen keys
• Display: 5.2” HD+, 2.5D Cover Glass with anti-FP coating, Corning® Gorilla® Glass
• Camera: Rear: 13MP AF f/2 with led flash Front: 8MP FF f/2 84.6 FoV
• Connectivity & Sensors: micro USB (USB 2.0), OTG, 3.5mm, gyroscope, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, accelerometer, magnetometer, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/, BT 4.2, GPS/AGP +GLONASS, NFC (APAC & EMEA SKU only)
• Battery: integrated 2990 mAh battery3
• Audio: single speaker
• Dimensions: 146.25 x 68.65 x 8.7 mm
• Weight: 138.3g
• Colours: Blue / Copper, Black / Chrome, White / Iron
On top of 50 percent performance boost over its predecessor, the Nokia 2.1 combines a larger screen and dual front-front facing speakers with an incredible 2-day battery life to give users everything they need for entertainment on the go.
Shannon Mead, HMD Global Philippines country manager, said:
“At HMD Global, innovation means merging premium quality with affordability and accessibility. The Nokia 3.1 and Nokia 2.1 are just two of the breakthroughs we are proud to bring to Cebu. The two Nokia Android smartphones are built with the design and technology to keep up with the Cebuanos’ productive lifestyle.
The Nokia 3.1 brings perfect balance between power and design, while the Nokia 2.1 gives better and long-lasting experience with its great battery life, faster processor, bigger screen and dual front-facing stereo speakers.”
Nokia 3.1: Premium design, high-quality experience
Like the original, the new Nokia 3.1 blends a careful selection of materials into a perfect harmony with a stunning design. Its anodized machined metal frame and sculpted glass display deliver the perfect combination for both stand-out looks and comfortable feel in the hand. Subtle but striking metal accents are matched with dual diamond cuts for a premium finish.
The Nokia 3.1 is Nokia mobile’s most affordable 18:9 smartphone, delivering the same screen ratio users get from modern flagships to give them more content with a single glance in a slim device. Just the right size for single-handed use, it now packs a larger 5.2-inch HD+ display protected by a damage-resistant 2.5D curved Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 to keep its original aesthetic.
The Nokia 3.1 runs on an octa-core MediaTek 6750, which gives its user twice the processor cores and 50 percent faster performance than the previous generation to keep up with modern users’ busy and fast-paced lifestyle. Featuring an upgraded 13MP auto-focus rear camera, the Nokia 3.1 captures the memories that its user would want to relive over and over while the wide-angle front camera fits more subjects into every selfie.
Thanks to its full set of sensors – usually only found on premium phones – the Nokia 3.1 runs the latest apps and features effortlessly. Users can make the most out of popular AR apps such as Pokémon Go, pay securely and easily with Google Pay and capture the whole scene with panoramic imaging.
Nokia 2.1: Long-lasting entertainment, designed to be powerful
Designed to deliver long-lasting entertainment to consumers who are always on-the-go, the Nokia 2.1 comes with 2-day battery life, a large 5.5-inch HD screen and dual front-facing stereo speakers. The Nokia 2.1’s powerful 4,000mAh battery now charges even faster so users can get back up and running even more quickly than before.
Nokia 2.1 Key features
• Delivering a 2-day battery life and powerful performance on a bigger screen, the Nokia 2.1 is all you need to carry for both work and play. It charges faster than its predecessor meaning it’s ready to go when you are.
• Its large 5.5-inch HD screen is bigger than the previous generation so you captivate yourself or share the entertainment with friends.
• 4000mAh battery works with the optimised hardware and software to power everything from conference calls to your favourite TV shows – with a promise of 2-day battery life4 and 10W charging for faster top-ups.
• 50% more processing power for effortless switching between apps with QualcommTM Snapdragon ® 425 Mobile Platform.
• 8MP auto-focus rear camera with flash and 5MP front-facing camera capture the moment from both sides.
• Stand out from the crowd with sophisticated Nordic design with metallic accents and three colour combinations.
• Full access to the Google Play store and all the core smartphone apps, e.g. Google Maps, WhatsApp and Facebook, with new range of optimised Go apps designed to run faster and consume less data.
• Pure, secure and up-to-date. No skins and no UI changes with Android 8.1 OreoTM (Go edition).
Nokia 2.1 Operating times
• Standby time: up to 39 days
• Talk time: up to 19 hours
• MP3 playback: up to 128 hours
• Video playback: up to 12 hours
Nokia 2.1 sales package includes
• Nokia 2.1
• Charging / data cable
• Quick guide
Nokia 2.1 Key Specifications
• Networks: EMEA & APAC: GSM850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 1,5,8, LTE cat4, B1,3,5,7,8,20,38,40 LAM & US: GSM850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 1,2,4,5,8, LTE cat4, B1,2,3,4/66,5,7,8,12/17,13, 28,38,40 INDIA: GSM900/1800, WCDMA 1, 5, 8, LTE cat4, B1,3,5,40,41
• Network speed: LTE Cat 4
• OS: Android 8.1 OreoTM (Go edition)
• Chipset: QualcommTM Snapdragon® 425 Mobile Platform, MSM8917, 4X-Core ARM, Cortex A53,1.4GHz
• RAM: 1 GB LPDDR3
• Storage: 8 GB internal user memory2 with MicroSD card slot up to 128 GB support
• Form factor: Touch monoblock with on-screen keys
• Display: 5.5” 16:9 HD, 2D Cover Glass with anti-FP coating
• Camera: Rear: 8MP autofocus camera with led flash Front: 5MP fixed focus camera
• Connectivity & Sensors: Micro USB (USB 2.0), OTG, 3.5mm, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Wi-Fi b/g/n/, BT 4.2, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS+Beidou
• Battery: Integrated 4000 mAh battery3
• Audio: Dual Speakers with stereo sound
• Dimensions: 153.6 x 77.6 x 9.67 mm
• Weight: 174g
• Colours: Blue / Copper, Blue / Silver, Grey / Silver
With its HD display 20 percent bigger than the original, Nokia mobile fans can now enjoy high-definition videos on the go. The dual speakers, with bespoke 3D formed stainless steel detail, provide amazing stereo sound.
The upgraded Qualcomm™ Snapdragon® 425 64-bit Mobile Platform gives users 50 percent faster and smoother performance to enable efficient and fast switching between apps.
Nokia 2.1’s cameras allow users to capture the action wherever they are with its 5MP front-facing selfie snapper or 8MP rear camera with auto focus.
Offering the quality and style fans expect from a Nokia phone, Nokia 2.1’s sophisticated Nordic design and metallic accents guarantee that its user will stand out from the crowd. Its sleek, rounded and ergonomically designed, inherently colored polycarbonate back keeps the phone looking great even after long periods of use.
Pure, secure and up-to-date Android
The Nokia 3.1 is entering the Android One family where it joins the comprehensive range of Nokia smartphones already delivering an experience designed by Google that is smart, secure and simply amazing. Nokia smartphones with Android One offer more storage and battery life out of the box as well as the latest AI-powered innovations from Google to help the user stay ahead of the game every day. The Nokia 3.1 will receive three years of monthly security patches and two years of OS updates as guaranteed in the Android One program. This puts the new Nokia 3.1 among the most-secure phones out there, always up-to-date with the latest Google services such as Google Assistant and Google Photos with free unlimited high-quality photo storage.
Tailored to devices with 1GB RAM or less, Android Oreo™ (Go edition) is what’s operating Nokia 2.1 with a new range of apps from Google designed to run faster while consuming less data. Optimized to be smooth and fast, these include Google Go web search app, Google Maps™ Go, YouTube™ Go and Google Assistant for Android (Go edition), to quickly send messages, make calls, set alarms and do more, simply by using your voice.
Availability and pricing
- The Nokia 3.1 will be available in Black/Chrome on August 29 and will retail for PHP9,990.
- Coming in three colors — Blue/Copper, Blue/Silver, Gray/Silver — the Nokia 2.1 is available starting August 29 for PHP5,990.
Pre-sale of Nokia 3.1 starts today and lasts until August 26 through Nokia mobile stores and MemoXpress. See full details at http://uniteforpromo.ph/premium
With HMD Global’s extended partnership with Home Credit, you can also avail the Nokia 2.1 and the Nokia 3.1 at 0% interest for a 6-month installment period.
Experience the new generation of Nokia phones you can rely on and enjoy a free Kingston 16GB SD card at any authorized Nokia reseller, as well as any Nokia store, kiosk or exhibit:
Nokia mobile stores:
SM City North EDSA
SM City Clark
SM City Tarlac
SM City Bacolod
SM City Iloilo
Gaisano Mall Davao
Nokia mobile kiosks:
SM City Megamall
SM City Bacoor
SM City Batangas
SM City Dasmarinas
SM City Olongapo
SM City Rosales
SM City San Fernando, Pampanga
SM City San Pablo
SM City Sta. Rosa
SM City Urdaneta
Nokia mobile exhibits:
SM Mall of Asia
Gaisano Mall Tagum
SM City Davao
SM City Marilao
SM City Rosario
Visit the official Nokia website https://www.nokia.com/en_ph/phones/store-locator for the full list of the top stores near you.