A lot of Samsung TV users are curious to know how to install 3rd party apps on Samsung Smart TV. The process is pretty simple and is also legal if you are having any doubts.
Third-party applications are software applications that are made by other developers besides the device manufacturer or the original Operating System. Many people think that installing a third-party app is illegal. But, that’s not true.
Here, we will explain how you can easily download third-party applications on your Smart TV. You can change your TV into a large Smart Hub with this option.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps On Samsung Smart TV
Installing third party software is totally legit and use. Many people think that installing software that is not made by the manufacturer itself is illegal. But, that’s not true. Samsung Smart TVs allow you to install other 3rd party apps on its platform. Little customizations in settings and some software tools will be needed to install the apps with ease. So to complete the installation in a smooth manner you must follow the requirements.
Requirements To Install apps on Samsung Smart TV
In order to install an application not available for the device, you need to have certain things done in your hand. You will surely need a computer when you are installing a 3rd party app on Samsung Smart TV.
1. Connect Your Computer and TV
The first thing to do when you want to install any 3rd party software on your TV is to connect your TV and computer. To link the TV and computer, you can take help from this amazing software called adbLink. It will help your computer to access the TV.
Also, make sure that both the devices i.e, your computer and TV are connected to the same internet connection.
2. Know The IP Addresses
For installing an application outside the known sources, you need to have the IP address of your TV as well as your computer. You will need them to connect your TV and computer and also to turn on the developer mode on the TV.
To know the IP Address of your computer, follow these steps.
- On Windows, go to the “Start” menu button.
- Now, make a right-click on the “Network” option.
- Next, select the “Properties” option.
- Then, click on “View Status” which can be seen on the right side of “Wireless Network Connection,” or ”Local Area Connection”.
- Finally, hit on “Details”.
- A new window with your IP address and other details will be opened.
To know the IP address of your Samsung Smart TV, follow these steps.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Click on the home screen menu and go to “Settings”.
- Now, select the “Network” option.
- Under the “Wireless” option, click on “Information”.
- You will get the IP address and other information about the TV.
Once you get the IP addresses, note them down on a piece of paper or anywhere else. You will need them to complete the next procedures.
3. Allow Unknown Sources
Your device blocks the installation from any other sources besides Play Store. You can’t move forward to install a 3rd party until you grant permission to the external and unknown sources to download apps on your device.
To enable the Unknown Sources option, follow the instructions given below.
- Launch your Samsung Smart TV and go to the home screen.
- Open the “Settings” and click on the “Personal tab”.
- Find the “Security” option and select it.
- You will get the option “Unknown Sources”.
- Enable that option by toggling the switch.
You can now easily download the apps from Play Store as well as other sources.
- Get A Netflix Student Discount
- Completely Free Driver Updater Software
- Cancel CBS All Access Subscription
- Get Crunchyroll Guest Pass
4. Enable Developer Mode
The installation of 3rd party applications can’t be completed without the developer mode option. You need to turn on the developer mode on your Samsung TV to install the apps from outside the device. The developer mode also provides additional tools and features that can be helpful for your device functions.
The procedure to enable developer mode is given below.
- Open your Samsung Smart TV and go to the home screen menu.
- Open the “Settings” and click on “Smart Hub”.
- Now, select the option saying “Apps”.
- You will see an empty box asking to enter the pin.
- Using your TV remote control, give the pin as 12345.
- This number is the default code for all Samsung TVs.
- Next, a new window appears on your screen of the “Developer Mode” configuration.
- Enable the Developer Mode option.
- Then, you have to give the IP address of the PC you are using to the Samsung TV.
- Enter the IP address and click “OK”.
Once done with this process, turn off the TV for a minute or two and turn it on again. Now, you can install the applications on the TV.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps On Samsung Smart TV Using Command Prompt
Once you have gathered all the needed things and customized the settings, you are all set to install the apps you want on your TV. As we already mentioned, you will need a computer to do the installation of apps on TV. Using a command prompt on your computer is the easiest method to add apps to your TV. Follow the given steps below to download the app you wish to have on Samsung TV:
- Launch your computer and run the Command Prompt.
- Type this command “adb connect your IP”. In the place of your IP, give the IP address of your TV.
- Now, run another command “install D\install.apk”.
- In this command, you can give any file location or drive location.
- The downloading process will take some time. So, wait patiently.
- Once your app is downloaded, disconnect your computer from the TV.
- To do this, run the command “adb disconnect your IP”.
- In the place of your IP, type your TV’s IP address.
The downloaded app will now be added to your Samsung TV. You can go to the Smart Hub section and check the installed apps there.
Hence, Installing or downloading 3rd party applications is very easy on Samsung Smart TV. We hope this post helped you to install your favorite apps on the TV. For more information, visit TechRulz website. Stay tune for informative and updated guides.