With the recent launch of Play station4, gaming fans have gone crazy. As sony will be not able t make a great deal, but in this covid19 pandemic, the thing is still hot with the PS4 and will also remain the same for a while. The TV version is no longer available for the far cry on your PS4 that you sit for. In these unfortunate cases, the users try to switch to their laptop’s screens and try how to use laptop as monitor for ps4.
And sometimes you are unable to connect to play on the gaming console when the TV is occupied id one of the most annoying thing that ever happen. And people are searching to use the laptop as the monitor for the PS4, especially when you are traveling and don’t have to access the TV or other dedicated display.
But as there is the availability of the new technologies, now you can connect to the PS4 to the laptop as well. So, keep reading this article we will discuss how to connect your PS4 to the laptop.
How to Use Laptop as Monitor for PS4?
You can use the laptop as the screen for the PS4, where you have to use your laptop’s HDMI port to plug in your PS4 and enjoy the gaming. To play the PS4 games on your computer through the laptop, then they are a couple of things that you need to do.
When it comes to the connection of the ps4 to the laptop screen, there are several ways of connecting the PS4 to the laptop screen with the HDMI. Therefore we have mentioned the easiest way in terms of the PS4 laptop connectivity. Follow the simple and easy steps that involves while connecting the PS4 to the laptop.
1. What is Remote Play?
Remote play is one of the Sony brand new features that allow you to play the playstation4 on all compatible devices. By using the remote now you can play the ps4 on your desktop or laptop.
Before downloading and installing the Remote play on your device you have to follow some of the system requirements that you should take into consideration. Below given is the list of the requirements that need for Remote play.
- Window 10 or 8.1 with the 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Intel core with the i5-560M 2.67 GHz and even 2.50 GHz is also worked processor or higher.
- USB port
- Sound Card
- 1024×768 resolution
- Minimum availability of 100 MB space or storage.
- Minimum 2 GB RAM.
2. Through the Remote play Connect the PS4
Remote play is one of the streaming services offered by sony. The purpose of the remote play is to allow the PC and Mac users to enjoy the PS4 gameplay to link the ps4 to your desktop. To set up the Remote play, the following is the list of the things that you need.
- PS4 Console.
- USB cable
- PS4 Account
Now you have to follow the given below steps to set up or use the laptop as a monitor for the PS4. To do so follow the given below steps.
- First, you need to download the remote play on your computer from the given link.
- Now, turn on your console and head to the settings > Playstation network > Account Management. Enable the ” Active as Primary PS4″.
- Through the system, software updates your console to 3,50.
- Now, head to the settings, then click on the Remote play connection settings and enable it > Now you have to keep your console on to use the remote play on your PC
- Navigate to the settings > Power save settings > And set the features available in the rest mode > From network enable the Turing on PS,
- Open the remote play that you have downloaded on your device. To adjust the Fps and the resolution as per your screen’s specifications, you have to tap on the “Settings” option for the optimum gameplay experience. The higher you get the graphics settings, the more powerful your desktop is.
- Using the USB port, connect your ps4 controller to the desktop. On your controller, by holding the PlayStation and the share buttons simultaneously you can also connect it wirelessly. Connect it to your computer through the USB cable, as soon as your controller LED starts flashing.
- On PC or the mac, now simply open your remote play app and simply log in using your console credentials. But make sure that your console is turned on or else you are unable to connect your PS4 to your PC.
- Youtube tv promo code
- Showtime anytime.com/activate
- Soundboard for discord
- https //aka.ms/remoteconnect
3. Through Capture Card connect the PS4 to the Laptop HDMI
Using the Remote play, if there is a problem in connecting to the computer monitor, then there is another way, where using the Capture card you can still play the PS4 on the laptop monitor using the HDMI. Below is the list of the credentials that you need to set up the PS4 using the Capture card or how to connect ps4 to the laptop.
- Dual-function HDMI
- A Video Capture Card
- PS4 Console
- Wireless Network Connection
- Enabled file sharing.
Follow the given below steps to set up the PS4 to the laptop HDMI using the Capture Card. Try the below-detailed steps to set up the PS4 to the laptop HDMI using the Capture Card.
- On your computer using the USB port, Plugin and install the Video capture card (VCC). Whereas for this a high-quality VCC is recommended.
- To connect the Video Capture Card to your PS4 console, use an s-video connection cable. Now attach the HDMI-out to the console and the HDMI-in to the VCC.
- Then turn on your console and run the video capture card Software on your computer. Now, you can view the console appearing on the screen.
- Now using the Video Capture card you can now play the PS4 on the laptop with the HDMI.
We have discussed the two simple techniques to play and how to use the laptop as a monitor for ps4. The involved step to set up the ps4 on your laptop screen may take just a couple of minutes so that you don’t have to wait for a longer time before you could run, play and enjoy the PS4 on your laptop. If you have doubts feel free to text us in the comment section. Stay tuned to Techrulz for more updates.