Don’t know how to lock WhatsApp on iPhone? No worries, we will help you out. WhatsApp Messenger is the most used and famous messaging application for smartphones. WhatsApp Messenger is currently developed by Facebook Inc. and they keep on integrating several new features. The newest additional feature on WhatsApp Messenger is to lock WhatsApp on iPhone and Android.
WhatsApp Face ID and Touch ID lock features are available for iPhones. Currently, the WhatsApp Face ID lock feature is available on iPhone X only. However, the Touch ID lock feature is for iPhone 5 or above and also on Android devices.
If you were unaware of these features on your smartphone, then you have come to the right place In this article, we will provide you a guideline to successfully enable this face ID and touch id feature in WhatsApp Messenger for iPhone. Know how to lock WhatsApp on iPhone in a step by step format.
Guide to Enable WhatsApp Messenger Authentication for iPhone
First of all, make sure that your iPhone is having WhatsApp Version 2.19.20. iPhones above iOS 5 or above can use the Touch ID lock whereas the iPhone X and family can use the Face ID lock feature for WhatsApp. There is also a Touch ID lock for Android smartphones with WhatsApp Version 2.19.221.
Use the following guideline to enable the authentication in WhatsApp Messenger for iPhone. Read the instructions carefully before you enable this authentication feature on your iOS device.
- Launch WhatsApp and go to the “Settings”. You can find the WhatsApp “Settings” on your iPhone at the bottom-right corner of the WhatsApp home screen.
- Now, select the “Account” option under settings. After that, open the “Privacy” section.
- To lock WhatsApp on iPhone, scroll down to the end of the page, and find the “Screen Lock” option.
- Once you find the “Screen Lock” option, tap that option to open the screen lock menu.
- Select the “Require Touch ID” toggle button to enable touch lock WhatsApp on iPhone.
- Or select the “Required Face ID” toggle button to enable face lock WhatsApp on iPhone.
- You can also select the time delay period or make it to “Immediately”.
- That’s it.
In case if you have not assigned any lock to your iPhone, then it will ask you to put a face ID or a fingerprint so that it can be stored to lock WhatsApp on your iPhone.
Enable FingerPrint On WhatsApp For Android
You can not only lock WhatsApp on iPhone but also use this feature for Android smartphones. There is no Face lock feature available for Android devices, however, you can enable the fingerprint lock on Whatsapp for Android phones.
Use the following guideline to enable the authentication in WhatsApp Messenger for Android.
- Launch WhatsApp and tap on the three dots located at the top-right corner.
- Now, select “Settings” and then open the “Account” option.
- Next, you have to choose the “Privacy” section and scroll down.
- Find the “Fingerprint lock” option and tap it to open.
- Finally, enable the “Unlock with fingerprint” option by toggling the button.
- That’s it.
Securing your messaging service is one of the most wanted features for the smartphone community. We have collected complete information about the authentication feature in the WhatsApp Messenger for iPhone from the WhatsApp messenger beta community, and also from the various WhatsApp Messenger beta app users.
We have also provided the guidelines to successfully enable the authentication feature in WhatsApp Messenger for iPhone. Share this informative article with other WhatsApp users, so that they can also add an extra layer of security to their WhatsApp messenger application. For more useful articles, visit TechRulz website.