The DOE (Department of education) has loaned internet-enabled iPads to students across New York City for remote learning. This is a great initiative and lots of DOE iPad Are available now for the students.
|DOE iPad not working|
But many students are not able to work on DOE iPad as this NYC DOE iPad are not working. The major issue is DOE iPad are not connecting to internet. Below are the step by step guide to fix if DOE iPadnot working.
How to fix DOE iPad Not working:
Troubleshoot connectivity issues on DOE iPad
Fix 1: Cancel the CrowdStrike app download
Check on your doe iPad if it is trying to download CrowdStrike app. If CrowdStrike app is stuck on download it can stall the internet connection of your doe iPad. Check for CrowdStrike app, if its grayed out it means it is trying to download.
- Look for the CrowdStrike app in DOE iPad. It’s red with a white falcon.
- If the app is grayed out, tap and hold the CrowdStrike app icon -> A menu will appear.
- Tap Cancel Download.
- Canceling the download will prompt other apps to update-> Allow all other apps to update.
- Now check internet connection on the iPad
Fix 2: Set up the Zscaler app
All doe iPad are pre installed with Zscaler app, the app will ensure content-filtering that ensures you use the iPad safely and in compliance with DOE policy. Zscaler will block many type of websites when active.
Make sure you turn Zscaler ON if doe iPad is not working.
- Locate and open Zscaler app.
- You will be automatically signed in to the app.
- Service Status will say “Connecting…”
- Now Wait until Service Status changes to “ON”. This may take a few minutes.
- Close Zscaler.
- Check internet connection
Fix 2: Reset internet connection
Toggle airplane mode in your DOE iPad, resetting the internet may help to fix internet not working on DOE iPad.
Go to Settings-> Find Airplane Mode -> Turn it on and leave it for 10 seconds -> Now turn off the Airplane mode-> Test connection now.
Fix 3 : Rest the iPad
If still doe iPad are not working, reset the iPad to default. This will erase all the data.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General, located on the left hand side of the Settings menu.
- Tap Erase.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Allow your iPad to reset.
- Set up the iPad again which will take 30-40 min.
Fix 4: Contact NYC DOE IT Helpdesk website
The Tech Helpdesk is available to staff, students, and parents during this COVID-19 shift to remote learning for technical support as needed (logging in, printing, smartboards, telephone problems, internet connectivity, etc.) Phone (718)-935-5100